Question about Oreck Steam-It All-Purpose Steam Wand
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Fill with 50/50 water vinegar solution. Get it good and hot and let it sit for two hours. Rinse and repeat if necessary. Buy a gallon of water from the market and use that from now on. This will fix your problem. The Iron is concentrating the iron in you water and this is what is causing the brown spots. Hope you find this helpful. If you do please take the time to rate it fixya and maybe I will keep helping people for free.
Posted on Jul 24, 2008
SOURCE: Iron not heating up...
I had the same problem. There is a thermal cut-off switch mounted to the top-side of the base-plate. Unfortunately, you have to completely disassemble the iron to get to it. It is an easy replace, just make sure you take good notes on how it's all wired and put together. To disassemble the iron, I did this:
- Mount it in the cord base and move the switch to the "wireless" setting to remove the cord assembly from the iron.
- There are 2 small while nubs on the bottom of the blue plate in back. These are plugs. Pull them out to expose 2 screws.
- Remove these two screws plus the one in the center of the back blue plate.
- Pull the blue plate from the back of the iron and MARK all wires so you know where they go, then remove them.
- You will see 2 screws into the blue plastic base-plate at the back. Remove these.
- Open the door at the front of the iron where you pour the water in.
- Pry the spray nozzle at the bottom out (pry it forward). This will expose a third screw into the blue part of the base-pate. Remove this screw.
- Pull the white plastic and blue reservior away from the blue plastic base-plate. This will expose three screws into the metal bottom plate. Remove these three screws (on in front, 2 in back).
- Pull the blue plate away from the bottom metal plate. This will expose the thermal cut-off. There is a screw with a small metal clip holding it down. This is the part you will need to replace.
I bought my replacement part from a local electronics store. On mine, it was a 240 degree C cut-off. The part I used was from NTE. Part number is NTE8242. It cost me $1.40.
I suspect the reason this blew on my iron is because Oreck engineers didn't expect it to be plugged in all the time (my wife did not like the 'wireless' mode as it did not stay hot long enough so she uses it in 'corded' mode). If you use the iron on it's hottest setting in this mode, it appears that perhaps the plate gets hotter than 204C. That, or Oreck just got a lot of bad thermal cut-off parts and they are cutting off at a temperature lower than 240C.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
ORECK DMS2000 No Steam
First, tested tank and filter flow together using suction via
plastic tubing. Worked freely Second, removed pump
and disconnected hoses and terminals [watch location,
three terminals on pump, two plugs]. Pump has a slug inside
and I could blow water either way. Sucked white vinegar
both ways until check action returned. Use distilled water
Posted on May 04, 2010
SOURCE: my Oreck cordless steam iron
It sounds like the battery system on it is dead. there is no way to replace it and there are no replacement parts for it. the best way, if you liked the iron is to purchase an new one. they run anywhere from 39.95 to 49.95 brand new
Posted on Sep 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2014 | Vacuums
Nov 04, 2013 | Oreck Steam-It Steam Wand
Nov 02, 2013 | Oreck Steam-It All-Purpose Steam Wand
Oct 02, 2013 | Oreck Steam-It Steam Wand
Aug 02, 2013 | Oreck Steam-It All-Purpose Steam Wand
May 25, 2012 | Heating & Cooling
Here is a tip that I wrote about the Euro-Pro Shark Steam Mop and why it may not be getting steam to the head...
Euro-Pro Shark Steam Mop Problem
Here also is a link to get any of the Shark Manuals that you need.
Jan 15, 2011 | Euro-Pro Shark Steam Mop - Gray/ Purple...
May 19, 2010 | Euro-Pro Steam Penguin Hard Surface Steam...
May 26, 2009 | Saeco Magic De Luxe Espresso Machine
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: