Question about Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air Purifier
Broken wire with beads
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i have 2 units, and had this same issue happen 3 times. Tonight it happened with a forth, last time i had to talk to management to get it replaced outside of warranty. Ionic breeze has major quality issues, and I would NOT buy anything else from sharper image. They also reduced the warranty from the original model drastically. for the price these were, they should be covered lifetime to show their commitment to their product. there is also a class action lawsuit against sharper image, for their false claims for the product...i believe sharper image chose to settle.
Posted on May 31, 2008
SOURCE: ionic breeze gp s1730
This goes along with ted-qcom's solution posted Jan. 19, 2008. My Ionic Breeze GP had the same problem. It was the switch in the front that detects when the collector grid is in place.
I found a suitable replacement switch at Mouser Electronics, mouser.com. It is Mouser part # 101-1203-EV. The problem is that the lever is too long, so I cut it with my Dremel cutting wheel before installing.
Mouser also has a similar switch, part # 101-1201-EV on which the lever is the correct length, however it has solder lugs instead of PC board legs.
I ordered both switches and then made my decision about which to use after looking at them. The choices are either cut (shorten) the lever on the 1203 switch or enlarge the holes on the mounting board to fit the 1201 switch. In my judgement it was easier to cut the lever.
The new switch is installed and the unit is working fine again.
$1.24 + shipping for the switch.
Posted on Aug 10, 2008
SOURCE: broken ionic breeze
Try this site to get replacement collection grids.....
They have several different ones listed so I just copied the webpage so you can see which one would be most suitable for your specific model.
Hope this helps.. :)
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
SOURCE: IONIC BREEZE GP
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You want to take off the screws from both sides but only remove one side.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
I don't know if you still use your ionic breeze.
About Ionic breeze purifier, I want to call attention on the fact that they are not being manufactured anymore because of heath concerns. New model use a completely different technology. Parts are also not distributed anymore.
I suggest replacing the ionic purifier with a different air purifier.
Please read the article below:
Ionic Breeze Health Concerns
Posted on Sep 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2015 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Jun 21, 2014 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Oct 22, 2013 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Jan 07, 2011 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Dec 02, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
Jun 22, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
May 24, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Mar 24, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Mar 24, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Oct 14, 2008 | Air Purifiers
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: