Question about Chicago Pneumatic Cp9361 Air Scribe-Store Louzampini
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2015 | Lincoln Cars & Trucks
You will need appropriate spring compressor unless you plan to replace the whole assembly. Also, spring compressor is much easier with access to pneumatic tools. You may need a tie rod end seperator too. Here is the procedure straight from the manual. Reverse for assembly. It's worth noting the importance of marking with paint or scribing the spring placement as well as the big bolts at the base of assembly prior to removal as this can affect alignment.
1. Remove the nuts (1) and the bolt (4) attaching the top of the strut assembly ,(2) to the
2. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
3. Place jack stands under the front suspension support.
4. Lower the vehicle slightly so that the weight of the car rests on the jack stands and not the
5. Remove the tire and wheel assemblies. Refer to Wheel Removal in Tires and Wheels.
6. Remove the brake line bracket.
7. Scribe the strut flange. Refer to Strut and Knuckle Scribing .
8. Remove the bolts (3) attaching the strut to the steering knuckle.
Important: The steering knuckle must be supported in order to prevent over-extension of
the axle joint.
9. Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
10. Disassemble the strut.
May 28, 2014 | 1998 Pontiac Grand Am
Mar 19, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 05, 2012 | 1993 Chevrolet S-10
May 19, 2011 | Boston Acoustics Voyager 6 Main / Stereo...
Feb 24, 2011 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 09, 2010 | Garden
May 10, 2009 | 1993 Volvo 960
Oct 18, 2008 | 1988 Ford F 350
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: