Question about Canon Pixma MG3150 All-In-One Color Printer
Says i need a WIA
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: canon pixma mp220
I had the same problem, and this is the fix.
1. Go to Canon's website and find the "Drivers and Downloads" section. From there, you will need to specify the subcategories of your hardware, and then your specific model (for example: Hybrid (i.e.-Printer & Scanner), Inkjet, MP470 Series)
2. When you find the proper page for your model printer, select your operating system from the drop down list.
3. Scroll down the page. You will see all versions of the drivers and programs to download. Download the latest version of the driver. You should also download the "My Printer" program. This is useful for troubleshooting and maintenance.
4. Keep scrolling until you find the "MP Navigator" program. This is a very important program, and is necessary for the scanner to operate properly. Download this program.
5. One MP Navigator is downloaded, verify that the scanner will use this program when it operates. To do this, go to the Start menu, click on Control Panel, click on Scanners and Cameras, click the printer that you will be using, then click properties. Click the tab at the top that says "Events." You will then see a drop down menu with the options Save to PC, Save as PDF, etc. Verify for each option that your computer is either opening the MP Navigator program, or that the computer will prompt you on which program to open.
This should get your scanner working. Hope this helps!
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
I also have a newly purchased MP 190 that prints but will not scan at all have also tried reinstalling software.
anyone help me?? :(
Posted on Oct 04, 2009
Please try to uninstall the printer software, then restart the PC and reinstall the latest software, by downloading it from the canon support site.
Posted on Aug 28, 2012
Testimonial: "thank you very much for your helpful solution or suggestion referred to my query... have a good health so that more people just like me need for your good solution... again.. tnx.."
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2015 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 14, 2014 | Canon Pixma MX922
Aug 28, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 21, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office...
Jul 26, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Sep 08, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: