Question about Dell OptiPlex 330 Desktop Desktop Computer

1 Answer

System unit shocks when touched and tester lights up when used to touch any component inside

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 142 Answers

It could be your power supply. Does it power up and load O/S?

Posted on Oct 19, 2014

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hi I have a new plastic body twin tub washing machine and when using the spinner it will give small shocks, can you please give me a hint what is causing this problem?


It sounds like you have an issue with your power outlet. Get an outlet tester at the hardware store and make sure you don't have a miswire there, first. If that's good, then check the wires from the plug to the washer. Make sure they aren't frayed, or anything. Then, check the wiring harness on the washer.
Good luck!

Oct 24, 2014 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

Cigarette lighter does not work fuse is good how do I find the relay


are you useing the lighter as a lighter or pluging in an acc.. heavy smokers wear out the element 1rst. try testing the socket with a test light. touch the stud inside the socket, the back part with the tester, do not touch the side or you will blow the fuse, touch the edge of the socket with the tester ground clip. if the test light lights up, wiring is good and element is burnt inside, you need new. if acc. is plugged in sometimes prongs in socket will bend out of place, use a popcicle stick to rebend. Kirk fc6fc

Apr 17, 2011 | Volvo S40 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Touch screen does not work in Inspiron Desktop One 19


You may need to install the display driver for the operative system to correctly interact with the touch screen component inside the unit.

I would need to know exactly what operative system you are using (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista). But it will be related with "Touch Zone" component of that computer. You may download the drivers at:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INS_ONE19&os=WV64&osl=en&catid=&impid=
Please select your operative system first and reinstall the drivers for the video, the system and the applications related to "Touch Zone".
Post more details to be able to help you further.
Thanks !!!

Mar 06, 2011 | Dell Inspiron One 19 (884116044949) 185 in...

1 Answer

What would cause a small electrical shock when touching the fan or light pull cords on ceiling fan, or even the metal parts of the fan? When you touch any part of the fan you get a slight tingle. We have...


You have a bad ground, be carefull this could lead to a big shock if there ae any bare wires in that Unit! I would turn off the power at the fuse box to this fan and remove it and check for bare wires inside the fan itself if you can. If you don't see any bad wires or any wires touching the fan itself, then I would check the ground wire to that unit! I suspect that it is not grounded!

Nov 23, 2010 | Dryers

1 Answer

No power not even light but power is going to transformer also touch the metal cover with a phase tester and it lights up (only just though)..jvc mx-j30


hello you may have ac power but no dc power take the cover off and have a look for any swollen capacitors or components that might be burn't

regards
shaun

Feb 10, 2010 | JVC MX-J30 CD Shelf System

1 Answer

Where is the power supply on model #42pfp5332d/37?


Hi

You can obtain service documents for this TV from
https://www.manualsparadise.com/ShowProductsForModel.do?model=M53646572

I do not have the service manual for this Plasma TV myself, but it is not difficult to locate the power supply inside the TV, follow the power cord, when it goes into a board, you know that is the board, most likely has high voltage components 400V and similar, you can't miss it.

Don't touch what you don't need to touch, you might shock yourself or in worst case, injure yourself or get killed.

NEVER OPEN A UNIT WHILE ITS PLUGGED IN; UNPLUG AND LET THE SET SIT FOR AT LEAST A HOUR. and even then, the components - capacitors may hold even deadly voltages.

Dec 09, 2009 | Philips 42PFP5332D 42 in. Plasma...

1 Answer

Ground Wire is testing as hot


Assuming you are in the United States, the convention with 120 volt ac circuits is that the Black is HOT, the White Neutral, and Green is Ground. Assuming your tester is a neon type light suitable for 120 volt ac circuits, the tester will illuminate when the tester leads touch the black hot and the white neutral, and also when the tester leads touch the black hot and the green ground. the tester should not illuminate when the leads simultaneously touch the white neutral and the green ground. It appears from your description that Your circuit description is operating correctly.. Surprise? ... your tentative assertion "when I touch the black hot wire and the copper ground wire with the tester. This is should not happen, correct?" this assertion (YOURS) is wrong, rather, it would be correct for it to illuminate between the black hot and the green(you say bare copper) ground. It sounds to me, if you need to ask this question, "YOU SHOULD NOT BE FOOLING AROUND WITH LETHAL 120 VOLT HOUSE VOLTAGES AND CURRENTS" I strongly recommend you should hire a licenced electrician. Besides getting electrocuted, you could set fire to the HOUSE, and maybe not when you are looking but when you are asleep, or away from home. PLEASE BE FORWARNED. thank you. Regards --- GooseBay_Camper

Sep 27, 2009 | Measuring Tools & Sensors

1 Answer

Broken Sensor Sterling Touch Immobiliser


There are 4 wires going to the touch pad unit which has an LED in it. The unit has 4 pins (or legs) to which the wires must be soldered. As you say, there are two blue wires plus a red and also a black - although as you also correctly observe, only three wires are present (blue, red and black) in the connector at the other end of the loom which plugs into the control module.

The blue simply splits two ways within the loom, and these are earths. The black carries a pulsing voltage to drive the LED, and the red (which should measure a constant 5v on a voltmeter) is an input which senses when a key is touched on the pad.

Use a continuity tester or ohmmeter to establish which of the four pins on the touch unit connects to the CENTRE pin of the touchpad. Solder the RED wire to this pin. (Best to start by putting some heat shrink up the wire as the pins on the touch unit are quite close together and there's not much to stop them touching.)

Again using the continuity tester (or ohmmeter) establish which of the remaining three pins goes to the OUTER ring of the touchpad. To this, solder one of the BLUE wires - it doesn't matter which one. You must however get the wires to the touchpad the correct way around in order for the key to be read.

You're now left with one BLACK and one BLUE wire which drive the LED, and two pins on the unit which have no connections. The LED will only light when you get these the correct way around. You will not do no harm if you connect them the wrong way round - the LED will simply remain unlit.

One you have soldered the BLUE and the BLACK wires in place so the LED is flashing, simply test your work by touching a key on the touchpad. If all is well, the LED will light continuously for a period and it should be possible to start the car.

Sep 24, 2009 | Vehicle Parts & Accessories

1 Answer

I think i have a grounding problem with my Kitchenaid side-by-side fridge. I feel a shock when i touch the freezer door if i'm not wearing any shoes. Also i just checked the back of the unit and i get a...


I would buy a tester and check the wall receptacle to make sure the ground is right, they are like 5 dollars.Then yes you have a loose ground somewhere check the compressor first .

Dec 19, 2008 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...

1 Answer

Screen remains blank when starting up, K7S41 motherboard,


Unplug the data cable of your monitor and using a tester, check if it is carrying some electric current. If the tester doesn't show any current, try touching the pins of the data cable to make sure it doesn't give a shock on touch (do this on your own risk). If it does give some shock, you need to properly earth the monitor. So, earthing the monitor MAY solve the problem.

Good luck!

Sep 09, 2008 | Asrock K7S41 Motherboard

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dell OptiPlex 330 Desktop Desktop Computer  Logo

Related Topics:

26 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dell Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18389 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

mukhtar21 shaikh
mukhtar21 shaikh

Level 3 Expert

2017 Answers

Are you a Dell Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...