Question about ASUS P5P800-MX Motherboard
1. Make sure your installation windows XP has been updated to service pack 1 or service pack 2 before continuing. Right-click on “My computer” icon on desktop. Select “Properties\ General. If your system does not include service pack, please update from Microsoft's official website. Connect to internet and launch “Internet Explorer”, click “Tools” on the tool bar and select “Windows Update”.
2. Make sure that the “Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio” exists in “Device manager\ System devices”. Right-click the “My computer” icon on your desktop. Select “Properties\ Hardware\ Device Manager. If the “UAA Bus Driver” does not exist, install it from the download link below to install on your system (for some reason, Microsoft does not post a download link for this update anywhere on their site). Launch the sp32646 file you have downloaded from HP's website (URL below) and reboot computer after the installation.
3. If the “Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio” is working properly, there may be an “Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus” or "Realtek High Definition Audio" behind “Sound, video and game controllers” or an “Unknown device” behind “Other devices”. Please disable any of these devices. You can skip this step if device mentioned earlier does not exist in “Device Manager”.
4. Disable the “Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio” under "System Devices".
5. After that, uninstall the “Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" by right-clicking the device and select uninstall.
6. When finish with the above steps, click the “Scan for hardware changes” button by clicking on the computer icon with magnifying glass toward the top of the page. When the “Found new hardware wizard” is displayed, don't click the “Next” button. Instead, cancel the installation by clicking cancel.
7. You can now install the audio driver from the driver file that you have downloaded from the internet or from your driver CD/ DVD.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2011 | ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard
Nov 28, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 20, 2009 | Acer Aspire M1641-U1521A PC Desktop
Apr 18, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 09, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jun 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
1,870 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!