Resolution 1 - Reset the BlackBerry smartphone
Perform a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone.
Resolution 2 - Back up and restore the BlackBerry smartphone
Back up the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
- Open BlackBerry® Desktop Manager and click Backup and Restore.
- Click Backup. You are prompted to save the backup file. Save the file to a location that can be accessed later.
- Click Save. The backup process completes.
Clear the BlackBerry smartphone Messages database by completing the following steps:
- In the Backup and Restore window, click Advanced.
- In the Device Databases list, select the Messages database, then click Clear.
- A warning message appears. Click OK to continue. The database is deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Click Refresh to update the BlackBerry smartphone Messages database.
- From the File menu, click Open.
- Go to the location where the BlackBerry smartphone backup file is saved, select the backup file, and click Open.
- In the Computer databases list, select Messages. Click the arrow pointing to the Device Databases list.
- A warning message appears. Click OK to continue. The Messages database is restored to the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Click Back.
- Click Main menu to return to the main menu of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Note: Databases that are configured for automatic wireless backup are grayed out and unavailable for backup and restore functionality using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Resolution 3 - Delete and restore all BlackBerry smartphone data
Complete a security wipe on the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
- Back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see Resolution 2.
- From the Options menu, click Security Options.
- Click General Settings.
- Press the Menu key and select Wipe Handheld. Type the word blackberry to continue the process.
Note: This option is unavailable in BlackBerry® Device Software 3.6 and earlier. If using BlackBerry Device Software 3.6 and earlier, a security password must be enabled and typed incorrectly ten times.
- Restore the data to the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Delete the messages again.
Resolution 4 - Re-activate the BlackBerry smartphone
Re-activate the BlackBerry smartphone on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server by completing the following steps:
- Remove the BlackBerry smartphone user account from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Complete a security wipe on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Add the BlackBerry smartphone user account to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Complete the enterprise activation process.
- Clear the Messages database using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Resolution 5 - Update the BlackBerry smartphone to the latest BlackBerry Device Software
Download the latest BlackBerry Device Software version available for your BlackBerry smartphone, then use the application loader tool to reload it.