Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
My kitten was running around the house and i had just bought a new controller that was wired. my cats foot got caught in the wire and knocked the system off a three foot shelf. i was totally unaware that this happened so i played my COD. it worked fine i played the game all through the day. then i left the house to get hang out with my friends. when i got home i went to play the game but whenever i went to the game it would say loading, like usual, but the all you hear is the opening music and the it freezes. i thought it was overheated so i turned it off for the night. and this morning i still have the same problem. my two questions are whats wrong with it, and why would it be working all through the day and all of a sudden stop reading my disk-based games.
This sounds a similar problem what I had. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu.
I did not have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted to PS3.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2012 | Pets - Others
Jun 06, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 14, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 19, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 25, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 10, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 31, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 06, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
336 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!