Question about Car Audio & Video
Loss of power and radio switches itself off and on
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I had a new battery
SAFE means wrong codes have been entered previously
To reset, leave SWITCHED ON...UNDISTURBED for an hour or more
Make sure you have the correct code.
If not sure post the 14 character Serial Number beginning with GM0400******** found stamped in the metal casing
Posted on Feb 02, 2011
Using a multi-meter, check all leads and connectors are correctly connected, and are receiving the correct voltage from the vehicle, and through past the inline fuses:
Noise and other factors may be causing the built-in microprocessor to operate incorrectly, press the RESET button on the unit and try again.
Resetting the microprocessor
Pressing RESET lets you reset the microprocessor to its initial settings without changing the bookmark information.
The microprocessor must be reset under the following conditions:
• Prior to using this unit for the first time after installation
• If the unit fails to operate properly
• When strange or incorrect messages appear on the display
If any of the previously mentioned advice doesn't work for you, you may have a faulty device.
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
SOURCE: fitted a cd30 mp3 unit
It is showing SAFE because wrong codes have been entered previously.
To reset , leave SWITCHED ON..UNDISTURBED for as long as it takes to automatically reset itself
This can take an hour or more
Make sure you have the correct code
Posted on Apr 05, 2011
SOURCE: I bought a vauhall zafira
Whenever you have made incorrect attempts to enter your code, the radio starts a timer a delay before you can make further attempts - the longest waiting period is 24hrs.
- Turn off radio
- Press and hold the AS button and turn the radio ON, until display reads CODE.
- Wait and the display will change to 4 dashes
- Using the 1st Preset button, continuously press the preset until you have entered the desired 1st digit of your code.
- Using the 2nd Preset button, continuously press the preset until you have entered the desired 2nd digit of your code.
- Using the 3rd Preset button, continuously press the preset until you have entered the desired 3rd digit of your code.
- Using the 4th Preset button, continuously press the preset until you have entered the desired 4th digit of your code.
- Now press and hold the AS button again until you hear a beep (the beep indicates the 4-digit code has been saved).
If after the code is saved, the radio still does not activate, then remove the radio fuse (inside fuse box) for a few seconds then replace. Wait 24hrs before attempting to enter the code once again.
If the radio still does not activate, then I suspect you may have been given the incorrect code. In this instance, I recommend you contact Vauxhall once again for assistance.
"If this has helped you, please be kind enough to write a testimonial or rate with thumbs up"
Posted on Jul 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Nov 17, 2009 | Televison & Video
Oct 02, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
May 20, 2009 | Nokia N72 Cellular Phone
Mar 02, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Sep 24, 2008 | Alpine IVA-D310 Car DVD Player
Apr 05, 2008 | Jensen VM9510 Car DVD Player
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!