Question about Whirlpool LGV4634JQ Gas Dryer
This page says check thermol fuse, what does it look like and located? also if no ohm meter avail. can i jump to check? thanks for any advise
If your dryer turns on, but does not heat, the Thermal Fuse is GOOD. A blown Thermal Fuse will stop a dryer completely.
If the dryer turns on, drum spins, but you have no heat, any of the following components could be bad:
Getting to those components to determine if they are good or bad is the next step. If your dryer has the lint screen on the top of the unit, you will need to remove the back panel of the dryer to expose the heating circuits. If the dryer has the lint screen in the door, you will need to remove the lower kick panel under the door by using a putty knife to release the retaining clips. They will be located along the the seam in the front about 2 inches in from each side.
The heating circuit should be troubleshot with the dryer UNPLUGGED. Resistance readings are as follows:
Heating Element (located inside heater box) - take reading across the two RED leads on the heating element. It should read 9 - 13 ohms.
Thermal Cut-Out (mounted to the heater box.) - unplug wires and take reading across connector tabs. Reading should be 0 ohms.
Hi-Limit Thermostat (mounted to the heater box, closest to the heating element leads) - unplug wires and take reading across connector tabs. Reading should be 0 ohms.
If any of the above readings are abnormal, replace the component. NOTE: If the TCO or Hi-Limit Thermostat is defective it is highly recommended to replace BOTH components at the same time. They are often sold as a set.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Post back with comments if you have any further questions.
Posted on Nov 02, 2007
OK We have a Kenmore model 72501 which lost heat but still ran fine in the cool modes. I switched the igniter out which didn’t work; then changed out the coils then final the fuse at the rear which is a cut out for the heat. I was told that lint build up is the problem of this going out. I figure it was the large blanket with about a poodle size lint ball that did it for us. Anyway although I had reviewed and check all the other things first and that the igniter was old and ready to go out these things needed to be replaced so I did so. If you have any other questions please feel free to email out any comments; all the ones I have read help a lot so I feel I should be putting in my own experience for others to learn by. Thanks for a wonderful site.
Vince -Long Valley
Posted on May 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2011 | Kenmore Dryers
Dec 27, 2010 | Dryers
Jan 09, 2010 | Kenmore Dryers
Oct 10, 2009 | Tricity Bendix TM310W Electric Dryer
Aug 29, 2009 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
Aug 03, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Jul 20, 2009 | Dryers
Jul 16, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Mar 30, 2009 | KitchenAid Dryers
786 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: