Question about Home

1 Answer

Which is the best toilet?

1). Priority is a 17" wide tank. (No wall mounted units - too invasive for our older home). 2). 16" - 16.25" tall bowl height. 3). GPF of 1.6 (gallon per flush) 4). Gravity (no assist). Installed on 2nd flr. 5). 3"-4" flush valve 6). Large diameter + smooth coated trapway/colon. My husband installed a new 1.6 gpf. However with a "Chair Height" 17" tall bowl, it's way too tall for either one of us to be seated comfortably. Don't want to make the same mistake twice. Which make/model will fit our criteria without breaking the bank? *Note: our 1st flr 1/2 bath has a Kohler Cimarron that we just love, (the 4" valve is awesome) but the tank is too wide for our 2nd floor application! (Do overs are never fun). Anyone reading this... please! do yourselves a HUGE FAVOR... find a showroom and actually SIT on various height models to find the height that is most comfortable for you. Afterall, you wouldn't buy a mattress without testing it 1st. Same holds true for one of the most used fixtures in your home, you'll be enjoying it for years, it's worth your time, you'll be very glad you did!

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 19 Answers

American standard cadet III is a nice flushing toilet that is reasonably priced. The tank is smaller than the cimarron. Toto also makes good flushing toilets that would fit your needs, but you will pay more for it too.

Posted on Apr 26, 2014


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 659 Answers

SOURCE: What toilet is best.

American Standard Cadet

Posted on Apr 10, 2009

  • 63 Answers

SOURCE: Master bath toilet replaced with a Cimmeron class

Kohler is correct. The most likely cause of this problem is an obstruction in the common vent stack that both toilets share. When you flush the old toilet it need more air to flush and will get it from the easiest source (your new water saver toilet). First adjust the float level in the old toilet so it won't use as much water or just stick a brick in the tank to take up space.Second, run a snake down the vent stack from the roof to check for obstructions. Birds will sometimes nest in there.

Posted on Mar 16, 2009

  • 659 Answers

SOURCE: Great unit!


Posted on Apr 11, 2009

  • 146 Answers

SOURCE: Kohler Cimarron elongated comfort height toilet not flushing correctly

low water in the bowl is only caused by the float being to high! the gurgles is Usually because of air coming back up through the pipe, check your vent pipe that come out the roof. this will help the draining.

Posted on Jun 24, 2009

  • 65 Answers

SOURCE: I have bought only TOTO

Gerber avalance is a great toilet if you can find, is ada 18'' with seat

Posted on Jan 26, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Which toilet is best?

I replaced the 2nd floor toilet in my house several years ago. It has all the features you require, except the 17" tank width. If you can fit a 20" tank ( actually 19 3/4") then the brand to buy is Toto. The quality is unsurpassed.

The (included) *seat* height is 16 1/8". GPF is 1.6, but the flush is amazingly powerful. I opted for the special self cleaning coating they call "Sana Gloss". Nothing sticks to it, it doesn't stain, and I've never had to use a toilet brush nor bowl cleaner on it the whole time I've owned it.

I bought mine from an online distributor. Just Google "Toto". I haven't checked recently, but they may have a narrow tank model. Mine has the extended bowl.

Apr 15, 2014 | Home

1 Answer

How can I remove the Flushmate 503 to access the mounting screws at the bottom of the tank?

You will need to remove the china holding tank from the toilet bowl by removing the nuts on the underside of the china tank.

After you have the tank off the bowl, remove the two plastic lock-nuts used to mount the Flushmate into the china tank and slide the Flushmate out of the china tank.

After you install the new tank-to-bowl bolts & washers, reverse the process to reinstall the Flushmate unit and remount the china tank.

Mar 01, 2013 | Home

1 Answer

My jacuzzi toilet doesnt fill with enought water in the bowl to remove waste from porcilin when flushing

Hi, W/D here.
Check the water level in the tank. The force to flush waste comes from there. Normally the fill line is cast into the back of the tank, but sometimes it is on the overflow tube. Raise the level if it is low.
Also, make sure that the tubing from the fill valve is connected to the over flow tube (the tall tube).
Best regards, --W/D--

Jan 29, 2011 | Jacuzzi Bath Era BK37 959 White toilet...

2 Answers

25 year old toilet, all of a sudden, seems to be shifting and the tank is now angled and one side is touching the wall, nothing seems loose, or wobbly, but it must be moving, since it never was this way...

The tank to bowl bolts need to be replaced. The tank will need to be removed and new SOLID BRASS BOLTS and the gasket will need to be replaced. When you tighten the new bolts on the
tank, lay a two foot level across the tank with cover removed. Tighten each side a little at a time.
I always tighten the tank down until it just touches the raised rib on the bowl, and no more than that.
You can buy generic tank to bowl kits, but make sure the bolts are solid brass.

Nov 05, 2010 | Eljer & Patriot& Elongated Toilet Bowl

2 Answers

The rubber under the tank bowl is leaking were do i get the rubbe

you can get this at just about all hardware stores its a common iten try lowes or home depot if your local hardware store doent have them

Sep 11, 2009 | Pegasus Technologies Two-Piece Round...

2 Answers

Looking for a small 14" rough in...

not sure of over all lenght but a 14" rough is what we use to get at any real plumbing supply house

Aug 17, 2009 | Crane Plumbing Toilet To Go Tall...

2 Answers

Toilet - 14 inch rough in

Hrm, I see what you mean and this may be a bit late.

The 14" rough in is not standard (as in 12") and the depth (from the back of the tank to the front edge of the bowl is your concern here?).

Kohler also has a Sterling brand with the Windham model. This will sit on the 14" rough and measure less than 30" from the back wall.

You could also go with a Toto ($$$ concerns) as they have a unifit system that allows for adjustment from your roughed in closet/toilet flange. It basically mounts to your flange and then sets back 2" or 4" depending on which model Toto toiler you are installing. The Soiree-?sp may be your best bet for depth concerns, but not so good for your wallet.


Jun 13, 2009 | Crane Plumbing Toilet To Go Tall...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

90 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

15139 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

44881 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17314 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides