A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the 2436V (no speakers), but I suspect the solution will be similar. My screen was a bit to the left of the monitor's physical display area, and I was able to solve it using the built in menu (If you take too long deciding what menu button to press next, the menu will time out. Just start over if that happens. You will get faster with practice).
1) Press the menu button on the monitor (the menu appears). 2) Press the up button on the monitor 4 times to highlight the icon that looks like a slightly angled screen with yellow cross-hairs in one corner (the toolbar for positioning the screen appears - all 5 icons on the positioning toolbar are blue). 3) Press the menu button on the monitor to "enter" the selected toolbar (one of the toolbar icons turns green to indicate the selected tool on the toolbar). 4) Select the tool you need using the up/down arrow buttons on the monitor (I needed the one that moves the screen horizontally, you need the one that moves the screen vertically). 5) Press the menu button on the monitor to activate the selected tool (the meter above the toolbar icon turns green to indicate the tool is active). 6) Use the up/down buttons on the monitor to position the screen. 7) Press the menu button to exit back out (or, just let the menu time out).
Note: the disk that came with the monitor doesn't seem to have drivers for Windows 7, but allowing Windows to search online while updating the driver found a compatible driver online.
Webcams are a great way to communicate with friends and family in other places, while still feeling like they're in the room with you. There are many different types of webcams and many different computers to go with them. So, if you happen to be a new Acer Aspire 1 owner, then follow this simple guide, and you'll be sending video of yourself to friends and family in no time
Access the main menu of your Aspire 1, and click on the "Start" menu at the bottom of the screen
Click on "All Programs" from the list of options, and then select "Acer Arcade Delux."
Choose the "DV Wizard" option once the menu appears. Wait for the program to load.
Select "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam" from the main menu of DV Wizard. Now an image capture screen will appear on your desktop.
Position the Acer so you are framed clearly in the image capture screen. The webcam is built into the computer with the lens at the top of the screen, so you will have to move the entire laptop to find the right angle. Also, adjust the lighting near you for optimum picture quality.
Go to the tool bar in the lower left hand corner of the computer screen to access the functions of the webcam. If you would like to record, highlight the box icon with the red dot in the middle and the word "Record" will appear over it.
Click the "Record" icon to record video with the webcam. You can also choose "Pause" and "Stop" from the same tool bar. To use video messaging, access your online messenger. Whether it's AOL, MSN or any other messenger service, the program will detect the webcam. All you need to do is enable the video messaging by clicking on the webcam box.
You can add or change a profile picture in any of the following ways:
To set a photo that you or a friend has already uploaded to Facebook as your profile picture, select "Make Profile Picture" at the bottom right when you are viewing the photo.
To upload a picture that you have saved on your computer, move your mouse over your profile picture and click the pencil icon. Select "Upload a picture" from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen directions.
To take a new profile picture using your webcam, move your mouse over your profile picture and click the pencil icon. Select "Take a picture" from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen directions. If you choose to take a picture using your webcam, you may first have to allow your Flash player to access your webcam.
You can edit the thumbnail version of your profile picture at any time by moving your mouse over your profile picture, clicking the pencil icon, and selecting "Edit Thumbnail." If you wish, you can also remove your profile picture by moving your mouse over your profile picture, clicking the pencil icon, and selecting "Remove your Picture."
If you are having trouble adding or changing your profile picture, please note that you cannot upload a photo if it is more than three times as tall as it is wide. If you are still experiencing this problem, please report the issue here.
As the manual says "please make sure your TV set can support Progressive format before you select YPbPr Mode or you will can not see picture on TVset" (sic).
To get back from a blank screen: 1 unplug the STB to reset the menu positions to default (because you will be making menu selections blind) 2 plug unit back in and turn it on and use the remote to press in order: Menu (TV sound will be muted because the menu is now displayed, even though you cannot see it) Down Down Enter Down Enter Down Down Down Right (or Left) You should then get a picture. Leave the picture setting at CVBS (and don't touch it again lol) For visual cues on what you are trying to do, look at page 8 of the manual.
You probably already did this, but here is the proper method to change the backlight timer:
1. Press Menu button to return to the Main Menu.
2. Move to Settings and select it.
3. Select Display.
4. Select Backlight.
5. Press |<< or >>| button to select desired backlight timer.
* The MPEG Playback function works in M. PLAY mode only.
* You can play moving picture images on the Memory Card.
* To hear sound during MPEG4 playback, you must hook up to a PC and listen to the PC's speaker. (You cannot hear it from the speaker on the camcorder or a TV)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER mode.
3. Press the MENU button and turn the MENU DIAL to highlight MEMORY.
4. Press the ENTER button to enter sub-menu.
5. Use the MENU DIAL to select MPEG4 from the sub-menu. (M. PLAY SELECT)
6. To exit the menu, push the MENU button.
7. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the moving picture that you want to playback.
8. Press the PLAY/STILL button.
The moving pictures recorded on the MEMORY CARD begin playing back.