if just running HDMI cable try adding audio cables too, check all your volume and mute settings in the system setup.
If you have audio on most channels, but have silence on some or all of your local network channels, you may have the Secondary Audio Programming (SAP) turned ON. Complete the following steps to turn off SAP.
- Press the Settings or MENU button on the digital remote.
Result: The Settings screen displays.
- Choose from the following options.
Press the Select button.
Choose SAP Languagedisplays
Use the left or right arrow buttons to choose the English setting and press Select.
Scroll to the Language option, select Audio, then select the option labeled Primary or the one labeled English.
If the above quick fix doesn't work, there may be a problem with MTS, Stereo, or another SAP issue. Try the following:
- Verify in the program listing guide that the program has MTS, Stereo, or SAP features.
- Check to see if the MTS, STEREO or SAP light on the TV or VCR is on.
If the light is not on, try the following:
- Push the MTS, STEREO, or SAP button on the TV or VCR.
- Adjust the fine tuning on the TV set to restore the stereo or SAP.