- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The instructions for your station call for a specific set up procedure. Batteries should be installed in the transmitter first with time allowed for it to initialize and begin sending data. After installing batteries in the receiver, you should see wind speed and temperature displayed. BUT, here in the real world I have a Lacrosse receiver currently displaying a balmy 67 degrees inside and a not-so-balmy - - outside. I believe the alkaline batteries used in the transmitter lose efficiency or freeze at low temperatures. Warmer weather restores the outside temperature display.
Sometimes, you have to remove all the batteries in the transmitter and receiver and wait a few minutes before the next step.
Then you replace transmitter batteries first and within 30 seconds, get the batteries installed in the receiver. This allows the receiver to link up with your transmitter. Both units need to be reset this way. You'll see the temperature and any other information the transmitter provides come up in a few minutes. This works with my La Crosse weather station. Using the reset buttons without removing power will not work. My nieghbour has a weather station from another manufacturer and this is also the only way that his will link up.
Sure you did put in a new battery? sure you did insert it correct? not the other way around? sure you did use the correct battery? like CR23 or AAA?
Sure all contacts in the battery compartment and on the battery are clean and shiny?
just a few things you could check.
If your outside temperature is not showing on your clock, that may mean that the clock and the transmitter have lost their connection. To reconnect them you must first take the batteries out of both of the units for 15 minutes. First put the batteries back into the transmitter, and then the clock. Let them sit side by side inside your home. When both the indoor and outdoor temperatures show on your clock with the same reading, or within two degrees of each other, then you may put your transmitter back outside. Remember to keep the transmitter out of the direct sun in a dry place. Also keep it away from metal, which can affect the readings.
Did you recently change the transmitter/ bought a new one, changed the battery? How did the problem start? Was it sudden or did the receiver die over a period of time?
Is is possible that the receiver is not recognizing the transmitter's signal. Do you have a spare transmitter? Is the spare transmitter also not working? Please give more information.
The transmitter for your radio controlled clock is the atomic clock in your region, I wouldn't advise trying to replace the batteries in it.
I am guessing you are talking about a remote wireless sensor supplied with your clock! Put good quality batteries in this and place it next to your receiver (your clock) while it registers and then you can place it outside or wherever you want it.
The new batteries could be defective or installed incorrectly. Remove all batteries and start over again. Be sure to let the transmitter initialize and begin sending data before you install the batteries in the receiver. If you can't receive a signal, the transmitter may have failed.
I have an Oregon Scientific receiver that is within line of sight of the transmitter and receives nothing......
I'm having the same problem and can't find an answer. Seems this also happened with another model we had - planned obsolescence? It was working fine, flashing due to low battery. Now, nothing from outside. Annoying.