Question about Zhone 6211-I3-200 Router
I can not run VPN client connection through Paradyne 6211 DSL MODEM. The modem sit infront of wondows 2003 server running RRAS and a NAT. Sometimes I get through with the VPN connection but then the GRE protocol issue that exist with PPTP connections starts to affect my connection with a long verification process that eventaully times out. I found out the Paradyne 6211 does not support the GRE protocol. The GRE protocol is use to encapsulate the data.
I need a DSL Modem that supports the GRE protocol and allows at less 5 concurrent VPN connections. I checked out a few modems which claimed they could but in the reviews from users they gave them a very low rating. Are you aware of any. I prefer if the concurrent connections is PPTP but as my situation is urgent I will be willing to use L2TP IPSEC connections. L2TP connection does not use the GRE protocol.
This is a tough one.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: configuring paradyne 6211 adsl2
i assume that the physical conenction of the modem to the computer is ok. if so,
- you need to access the modem's setup page by entering http://192.168.1.1 on your web browser's address bar. the default username is "user" and the default password if :admin"
- click on "device info" and select "quick setup", you can check the box "DSL Auto-connect" that will automatically detect your PVC (vpi & vci) but if you already knew these info, you can just enter it on the screen and click on "next"
- then go to "advanced setup", select "wan"
- if you don't have any "wan setup", you can click on "add" but if you do have one, you can just click on "edit" if it's not the correct internet settings
- then it'll promt you to select more settings like the "vpi" and the "vci", the "service category" (note: for the service category, you can select "UBR w/o PCR" but to make sure that it's the correct setting, you can ask your ISP). click on "next"
- select now "pppoa" or "power over atm"
- then select "vc/mux" for the "encapsulation mode"
- then click on "next", then click on "finish" to save the settings
hope this'll help you.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
SOURCE: Bridged Mode
Verify this with your ISP, but if you go into your modem settings, click on "Advanced Setup", click on WAN, when page opens, click "Edit". After clicking "Next", you come to the page labelled, "Connection Type". It is there you select what mode you'd like it to work in. When you are through selecting click NEXT till you get to the page with the SAVE button. Click Save and wait for page with FINISH to come up. Click FINISH and wait for the router to reboot(2 mins). Please write down the previous settings so you'll be able to undo whatever you do.
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
SOURCE: zhone linksys router
I had same problem but I think it's more of a simple solution. Linksys default IP it uses is 192.168.1.1, and guess what...so is the zhone router. I changed my linksys router to 192.168.10.1 and i am able to connect to the internet. Only problem I have left is some things are not working such as MSN messenger and https pages. I am wondering why...
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2010 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
May 01, 2010 | Efficient Networks SpeedStream 5200 Modem
Aug 16, 2009 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Jul 31, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad T60 Notebook
May 29, 2008 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Apr 26, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Feb 08, 2008 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Oct 03, 2007 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Oct 01, 2007 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
296 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: