Question about Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fire in microwave

Multiple microwave fires

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Greenhorn:

    A rookie expert who has answered 20 questions on their first day.

  • Expert
  • 113 Answers

You cannot put any metal objects in the microwave. And that includes aluminum foil. Or time to get a new one.

Posted on Apr 15, 2014

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

A small fire starts when Whirlpool microwave Model MH1170XS is on.


Unplug and do not plug back into power this unit.

Someone needs to open and see what is burning etc.

This could be a fire hazard.

Dec 21, 2012 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp Carousel microwave - 1200 watts - Model R530EKT - caught on fire while using


you must carefully and read your instr. manual if some material inside the microwave can be produce fire. Otherwise the microwave can be old and the electronic component deterioring and cause exploding.Some time the material inside from the microwaves, is corroded, and the irradiation can be produce Fire. Tes the indication given.

God bless you

Oct 01, 2012 | Sharp R-510HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

What caused this to catch on fire?


its the grease that has got into it replace it and allways keep it clean

Dec 06, 2011 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Fire sparks when in use off pad on right side of microwave


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting

heatman101

Jul 09, 2010 | Dacor DMT2420SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I just put two frozen hot dog buns wrapped in paper towels in the microwave for 30 sec. After 15, I noticed they were on fire! HOW and WHY? Is it the end of my Frigidaire Microwave?


If the cooking cavity wasn't damaged by the fire then the oven is still okay. The reason for the fire is that water absorbs microwaves very readily. The buns, being frozen, wet the towels as they thawed. Then the towels boiled dry and ignited from the heat. Most microwave oven owner's manuals warn against drying items in the oven for this reason.

Mar 15, 2010 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Paper caught fire in microwave. microwave power


check breaker in your home electrical panel...make sure all are on

Nov 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I tried poping some popcorn in a brown paper bag and it caught on fire. I tried to the microwave again after i put the fire out and cleaned the mess up but nothing is working at all. No breakers were...


all microwaves have flame sensors that will cut the power in case of fire, this sensor will most likely have to be replaced. this will require you to drop the m/w and remove the case.

Jun 16, 2009 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

FIRE


Manufacturers will note that they warn in their owner manuals to never leave a microwave running unattended, so they won't help you any further, I'm sure.

Mmost modern microwaves have a flame sensor inside that will shut the microwave down completely in case flames get too high.

Then the cooling fan and power will shut off, and the fire will almost certainly be smothered pretty quickly due to a lack of air inside the oven.

Also, the inside is metal, thus the only fuel for the fire would have been the potato, which would not have lasted long.

So as scary and disturbing as this event was, I would say the real danger of a fire outside of the oven was miniscule.

The fire probably occured due to a dry or irregular spot in the skin of the potato. Once it's dry, it will of course burn much easier.

So now to the smell...

You should do a Google search on "odor microwave" or "microwave smell" where you can find tips on boiling water & baking soda, then vinegar and water in the microwave to neutralize the smell.

If your microwave does not work, then it may have blown the flame sensor (thermal fuse) and that would have to be replaced.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Nov 15, 2007 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Frigidaire Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76070 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Are you a Frigidaire Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...