Question about Microwave Ovens

Open Question

Wet inside My sharp microwave

Wet inside

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

3 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Everytime I use the microwave,

Do you feel air flow at the vents when it's running? That's important.

Lack of air flow can cause the magnetron to overheat and be damaged.

It can also cause excess moisture to accumulate in the oven.

If your air flow is good, this is probably normal. It's always advisable to leave your microwave door open or even wipe down the interior after using it.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Apr 18, 2008

Ad
MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: sharp R8310 blows inside fuse when microwave

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

Here is a link you or someone you know can use to test it, but please read the safety info:

http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/cap_test.html

Info on ordering Sharp UK parts / spares is here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on May 12, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Wetness inside microwave causing short in outlet.


The motor that turns the glass plate may have gotten wet. It may dry out

Jul 28, 2016 | Panasonic NN-H765BF 1250 Watt Microwave...

1 Answer

Microwave rusted inside


First thing you can do is fix it by sanding it and feather edging the chipped paint and then prime it and let it sit for maybe 4 hours and lightly sand it with really fine wet 320 grit sand paper or finer. You should use paint that is gloss and heat resistant like you can use melamine.
Or just buy another one.

Mar 22, 2016 | Russell Hobbs Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I wiped my microwave with a wet cloth (too wet may be), as a result the microwave did work one or twice and then it made a strange sound, may be like the sound of a smoke detector, and now no button works!...


If you used too wet a cloth on the keypad, chances are moisture got into the controls.

If it does not dry out over time, it may need to be manually dried or blown out.

The keypad may be damaged or worn out, or control unit may be damaged.

Sep 23, 2013 | Westinghouse WST3504 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Kenmore 7748 is flashing F 11. Any soludtions?


Hello there and thank you for choosing fixya
The dreaded f-11 error code is a touchpad error
Normally this occurs if you have recently cleaned the controle panel and it got wet and the insides of the panel got wet. so what you can do is to take a hair dryer and unplug the microwave then use the hair dryer and dry the controle panel for not less than 10 min DONTGET THE DRYER TOO CLOSE OR YOU WILL BURN UP THE PANEL PADS OK JUST SWEEP ACROSS THE PANEL OVER AND OVER OK YOU MAY WANT TO ALSO REMOVE THE OUTER SHELL ND DRY THE PANEL FROM THE INSIDES TOO THEN LEAVE IT SIT FOR AT LEAST 1 HR THEN PLUG IN AND TEST
if this still occurs than the panel is bad and needs to be replaced ok?
Hope this is very helpful please feel free to rate this solution
Best regards Mike

Mar 31, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Can you run a microwave with nothing in it? Someone told me that just putting a sponge in it will ruin the microwave.


hi, running it with nothing in it will cause it no harm, the only object that will cause it any harm is if you place anything metalic inside it whilst it is switched on.

to clean a microwave most people place a bowl of clean water inside and put the microwave on high for 5 to 10 min doing this breaks up any grime stuck inside the microwave making it easier to wipe off, you can also put a wet cloth in a bowl and switch it on doing this does the same as a bowl of water.

so the only thing that can cause damage is anything with metal in it this will cause it to short out.

hope that has been some help to you

Aug 18, 2010 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Micromave control panel


is it wet from you cleaning it with a wet rag or did you get grease in it?? water will dry in a day or two.
grease may have made it permenantly damaged.
the touch pad is replaceable seperately but is somewhat expensive, $120to$150.
unplug it as well and wait a few minutes!

Dec 31, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

A little metal is showing at the inside roof of the microwave.


Rub down with fine wet & dry ,paint with Humbrol enamel to match.

Sep 28, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Dead unit


first WAIT sometimes the control board gets wet , it may dry out in a few days and will work again . but while you wait un plug it . a live board thats wet might not last long if powered up ...... if still no good see if the light works . if it does the board is bad if the lights dead too , then theres a fuse inside that may have blown

Jun 13, 2008 | GE JVM1640 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

13 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76649 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...