Can't print custom envelope on HP Photosmart 7280
OK, to make this clearer, I had the same problem on my HP C7180. It seems to be rampant throughout their Multifunction printers.
My Fix, combining several others:
1. Go to Printers and Faxes on your Start Menu. In the Printers window, select Server Properties from the File menu. Use the Forms tab of the Print Server Properties dialog box to view printer forms. You may also see lots of forms that you wish your printer could see, but don't worry, it'll see the one you create now. And be sure when you create your form that you use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height. Usually for envelopes you will print in landscape mode.
2. Select the Create A New Form check box.
3. Enter a new name for the Form in the Form Description For field.
4. Use the fields in the Measurements area to set the paper size and margins. *Use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height*.
5. Choose the Save Form button to save the form. The Save Form button only gets pick-able when you type in a different name than what's there already.
Now go to your document program, such as Word. Make sure the window for the document you want to print is the active window. Select File/Page Setup..., Paper Size Tab, and there select the form you just created from the dropdown list
Still in your document program, select File/Print... then Properties. Select the Features tab, which may be differently named. Under Resizing Options/Size dropdown, select More... and there you'll find your newly created form down at the bottom, under Custom. Pick it.
If you're printing envelopes or other things where the way you view it it's wider side-to-side than it is tall, be sure and select "landscape" in both "page setup..." on your document program and in File/Print.../Properties/Features?Basic Options.
When I did all this methodically, I was able to print my Christmas envelopes. Yay!
Nov 25, 2008 |
HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...