Question about Plantronics Radio Communications
One of our headsets won't stop beeping 3 times every 5-10 seconds. It beeps if it's on the charger or not.
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: GN 9120 beeps constantly
Are you using the GN1000 Handset Lifter? And if so, are you playing music/radio through the speaker of your telephone? If this is the case the Lifter will be picking up the sound of the music coming from the telephone and interpreting it as an incoming call, hence sending a signal to the earpiece in the form of beeps. Just stop the music coming from the telephone and the beeps should stop.
If you are not playing music through the telephone, you may need to turn down the sensitivity adjustment on the back of the Lifter. Just turn the knob anti-clockwise a little bit and see if that eliminates the beeping. If the sensitivity adjustment is too high it will pick up every little noise that goes on around your desk and interpet them as the phone ringing.
If you are not using the GN1000 Handset Lifter, then the beeping may be the result of a sticking/stuck volume button on the earpiece. If you adjust the volume on the GN9120 it gives a beep when you reach the maximum or minimum volume. If a button is stuck down it will result in a constant beeping. A stuck button is generally not a user servicable problem, however a little bit of tinkering with the button may get it unstuck.
Posted on Nov 20, 2008
This is a "known issue" that I have raised to Plantronics. Whether they do anything about it, remains to be seen. The workaround I have discovered seems to work with both of my P590 headphones that stopped charging:
1. Plug in the USB charging cable to a laptop or computer that is powered on.
2. Connect the USB charging cable to the headphones
3. Connect the 3.5mm headphone cord cable to the headphone output on the laptop of computer (this is the long cable with the normal 3.5mm stereo plug at each end)
4. Plug the other end of the 3.5mm cable into the P590 input.
The headphones should start charging.
Carlos (New Zealand)
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
Echo is usually caused by the transmit (speak) level on the unit being
set too high.
1. First, try lowering the volume of the telephone. If you still hear an echo, adjust the volume of the headset itself.
2. The master transmit controls of the headset are the ABCD switch settings on the bottom of the base. A is the lowest and D is the highest setting.
3. You can fine tune this setting with the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons on the back of the charging base.
4. If this doesn't fix the echo, try moving the configuration dial on the left side of the charging base. The recommended setting for most phones is 1.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
You may need to re-subscribe the headset.
NOTE: Before re-subscribing the system make sure the IntelliStand switch (on the right side of the charging base) is in the "_" position and NOT the "=" position.
The headset and the base unit are supplied subscribed to each other. However, if you wish to use a replacement headset with the base unit (or if you lose your connection to the base unit), then you must re-subscribe as follows:
1. Return the headset to the charging base.
2. Press and hold both the + and - buttons on the back of the charging base until the red light on the front of the base starts to flash.
3. Let go of both buttons. The red light should continue to flash.
4. Press the mute switch (black wheel on the top of the headset) straight down until a green light appears on the headset, then let go of the wheel, and the light should remain on the headset.
5. Resubscription is finished when the red light on the base is fully illuminated and the green light on the headset disappears.
6. Remove the headset from the charging base lift telephone handset/press headset button if not using a handset lifter. The headset and base should now be connected.
7. If this procedure does not resolve your issue to try a system reset.
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2011 | Plantronics Voyager PRO Bluetooth Headset
Jul 28, 2011 | Plantronics Voyager PRO Bluetooth Headset
May 19, 2011 | Plantronics CS70 Wireless Headset
May 05, 2011 | Plantronics CS55 Wireless Headset
Apr 23, 2011 | Plantronics Voyager 835 Bluetooth Headset
Mar 03, 2011 | Plantronics CS60 Professional Headset
Nov 30, 2010 | Plantronics Vista M22 Amplifier with...
Jul 11, 2009 | Plantronics CS55 Wireless Headset
Mar 25, 2018 | Plantronics Radio Communications
175 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!