Question about Washing Machines
On all front loaders, the smell comes from not been used every day, #1, and water sit at the bottom of the drum, is always water in the system from the top of the drain hose to the pump, and they, the manufacture recommend that you use some chemical once per month to clean the unit.
this is what I do. get a bucket of water and bleach 3 water 1 part bleach, get a rug that you do not need any more. wet the rug and with your hand open the door and put the rug unter the rubber around the glass door, in other worth's, the rubber that connects the door to the drum bucket rinclos and water and other material stays there, building mildew, would be good to wear a globe, and clean the inside of these rubber real nice, go around several times to make sure you don't miss a spot., the cloth well come out black means it is loaded. then put the rest of the water and bleach in the machine, add 2 caps of bleach in the machine, fill it to hi and let it stay for 1 hour or more in the drum, then have a gentle cycle, these well clean the rest of the unit. one more thing, if you have members of the family that forget coins or papers in they pocket. may have to do more work to clean and drain the unit, just let me know I well help you.
Posted on Apr 14, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You have to remove and clean the rubber around the front of door,
, Snap it back on.
disconnect AC to prevent any accidental shock.
open the bottom access panel
screws on bottom front , open the large filter and be ready for latent water to spill out , have rags ready.
clean the inside of the filter with clorox.
finally run a strong solution of clorox when you finish.
then rinse well.
leave the door open after loads finish
the door has a child lock
black dot next to lock on door , insert coin and rotate.
keeps them from closing the door.
Posted on Feb 14, 2008
SOURCE: KENMORE ELITE HE3 WASHER
2 things you may try if you haven't already ..let washer fill with hot water ..pause and open door pour in about 2 cups chlorine bleach before starting back up..with rag soaked in bleach/water clean inside front door boot ..be sure to roll boot toward front and clean out accumilation under it wash as much as possible off door seal..allow to finish cycle (normal wash should be fine)..may also try removing lower panel remove pump acess plug and clean pump out thoroughly..you are not alone ALL front washer have same issue and if some sort of routine cleaning isn't done problem reoccurs also leaving door slightly open between usues will help ..by the way that is a german made washer
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
IMPORTANT: Read thoroughly. DO NOT add detergent or other laundry products to this cycle.
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. If the bad odour persists, repeat the procedure 1 or 2 more times. This may be necessary if this is the first time you have run this cycle.
7. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
8. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly.
To maintain the washer freshness:
1. Use only HE High Efficiency detergent.
2. Leave the door open after each cycle to for better ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
3. Use warm / hot water in your machine unless the fabric you are washing requires cold.
4. Use the correct amount of fabric softener.
5. If your laundry room is damp, use a dehumidifier.
6. Clean the door seal of visible residue.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
I used 2 quartz of Clorox bleach running a full load without clothes. After that the odor has gone for good. Try that.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 22, 2016 | Whirlpool WTW6400SW Cabrio Washer
Jul 22, 2012 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Apr 20, 2010 | Washing Machines
Dec 27, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Nov 06, 2009 | Whirlpool Estate TAWS750PQ 27-Inch Washer
Oct 05, 2009 | GE WHRE5260E Top Load Washer
Jun 29, 2009 | Kenmore 94702 Front Load Stacked Washer /...
Jun 19, 2008 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Sep 25, 2017 | Beko Washing Machines
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!