Click here to recover your account..
After you recover it, I recommend setting up Login Approvals to ensure it doesn't happen again.
What are login approvals? How do I turn this setting on?
Login approvals are an extra security feature similar to login notifications
, but with an extra security step. If you turn on login approvals, you'll be asked to enter a special login code each time you try to access your Facebook account from a new computer or mobile phone. After you log in, you'll have the option to give that device a name and save it to your account. You won't have to enter a code when you log into any of these recognized devices
To turn on login approvals:
- Go to your Security Settings page ( > Account Settings > Security)
- Click on the Login Approvals section
- Check the box and save your changes
A few things to note:
- You need to have a mobile phone number listed on your account to turn on login approvals. You can add one to your account when you turn on login approvals.
- If you haven't named the device you're using, you'll be asked to do so when you turn on login approvals. Don't click the Save this device option if you're using a computer that other people use (ex: a library computer).
- After you turn on login approvals, we need to be able to remember your computer and browser info so we can recognize it next time you log in. Some browser features block this. If you've turned on private browsing or set up your browser to clear your history every time it closes, you might have to enter a code every time you log in. Learn more.