Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
While i play a game on my ps3 black squares keep appearing and wont go away. I made sure the connections were correct and still happens. It does not happen on the loading screen just while I am playing the game.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Are your disks spinning up fully? does it sound weaker than before?
If it does it is your disk drives fault and i recommend trying to get your PS3 replaced/repaired
Posted on May 25, 2009
send it into sony its fried i have the same problem but no money for repairs since i dont have the recept... i woulda been better off with microsoft...
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
You can also try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with
your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
If after trying the above options and it still does not solve the problem, then maybe the lens is weak and that's why it cannot read any disc.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
I wish you good luck.
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 18, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 27, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 01, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 26, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 08, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 15, 2007 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!