Hello and Welcome to FixYa
Start by following the steps below to get the paper out from the machine.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
- Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
- Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
- If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
- If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by
holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the
paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling
out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
- If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do
this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any
obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
- Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or
ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the
printer back on.
- If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
- see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume
button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the
printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
that doesn't help then you would have to start taking apart the machine
to find the jammed paper and remove it, its not something a just anyone
should do unless you have experience.
you may have to take the
machine to a repairer to get the jammed paper bits out of the machine,
if you don't see paper jammed in the machine it does not mean that
there wouldn't be a paper jam somewhere in the unit along the paper path. Some of the switches or sensors might have gotten stuck.