Question about Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
OUTER GLASS BROKEN. TV still works fine. Need replacement glass. e-mail email@example.com
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We removed the front glass of our oven door after a big spill between the two glass sections (by blunt force!). Since it took us 4 hours to put back together, we wanted to spread the info in case any others have the misfortune to make this mistake! Note, I wouldn't do this unless you have to, just incase you can't get your door back together again.
Assuming the back sheet of oven glass is still in position, but the front sheet is not attached -
1. Follow the manual instructions to remove the door, ensuring that both hinges are locked fully (otherwise you won't be able to get the door back on easily)
2. Once the door is removed, ensure that the plastic spacers that hold the two sheets of glass apart are in original position, resting on the inner door, at the bottom corners of the tempered glass
3. Remove the narrow metal strip at the bottom of the inner door by unscrewing the 3 screws that hold it in place. This is the metal groove that the outer pane of glass needs to rest in
4. Lay the outer sheet of glass in position in this metal strip
5. Lay the outer sheet of glass over the inner door. Slot the outer sheet into position at the top of the inner door first, ensuring it is layed flush at the top.
6. A second person needs to ease the metal strip back into place at the bottom of the inner door, so that the two sheets of glass are now held together at both top and bottom.
7. Screw the metal strip back into position with the 3 screws
8. Follow the manual instructions to replace the door. Ensure that the small grooves at the bottom of both hinges are resting in position correctly, otherwise the door will not close flushly.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
SOURCE: Remove Outer Glass Of Oven Door
On my Zanussi ZDF 866 it goes like this:-
Rest the door with its top edge on your work surface. Once the bottom two screws are removed, pull the outer glass away from the bottom edge of the door just enough so that the brackets fixed to the outer glass (into which those two screws went) clear the bottom edge of the door. Then pull the outer glass up towards you parallel to the door (there are now screws hoplding the top edge on this model).
It may need one side to be pulled and then the other to release it from the metal slot at the bottom.
I would recommend great care with this given that a) your door may be different, b) it could be held more tightly and c) you are dealing with glass. Recommend taking all precautions including eye protection and suitable gloves. Proceed slowly and carefully (this did not need much force on my door). If you're not sure at any stage, choose discretion and either give up or pay someone to do the job to avoid paying for a new glass or hurting yourself.
Hope this may help someone.
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
It will be difficult to find just the glass, have it shipped and fumble with getting it into those factory sealed doors. The entire door can be purchased for right about $50. Click here to see. There is not a picture associated with this item, but it is the correct part number.
GOOD LUCK AND PLS RATE THIS POST!!!!
Posted on Feb 22, 2010
If you have no joy anywhere else, you could try the Aramani service center. Below is an extract from their web site.
"If you have questions about Warranty or Repair please contact us at:
800-277-4013 Available M-F between 8:00am – 6:00pm CST
Posted on Mar 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2014 | GE Profile Spectra JBP95 Electric Kitchen...
Nov 04, 2013 | Kitchen Ranges
Dec 07, 2012 | AEG Ovens
Oct 14, 2009 | Ovens
Jun 24, 2009 | Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ800U Plasma TV
Jun 04, 2009 | Televison & Video
May 16, 2009 | LG 42PC5D Television
Mar 24, 2009 | KitchenAid KGST307 Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 29, 2008 | Panasonic TH-42PZ700U 42 in. Plasma...
Jun 08, 2017 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!