Disadvantages of foreigner in south africa
It can be a dangerous place. Current warnings are
- high level of crime generally. Always lock car doors if driving. Be alert. Do not stop for strangers, objects on the road, people apparently in distress, or drive in remote areas.
- theft from hotel rooms is common
- targeting by criminals occurs at the airports. They follow you.
- plastic wrap your luggage
- certain areas no-go for visitors. Check first
- high level of HIV-AIDS, so extreme caution advised if having liasons
- large gatherings can turn violent. Avoid these
- going to bars can be risky. Never accept drinks from strangers, or even mixed drinks from a barman
- only go on trains, buses, or tourist spots in a group
- don't use public ATMs
- don't display valuables, phones, watches. A large gun is OK
All in all, don't even go there.
Mar 14, 2014 |
Sport & Outdoor - Others