The brush will not rotate. I thought this was a direct drive system.
Note: The brush will not rotate when the machine is locked in the upright position, because an internal micro-switch turns the brush motor off.
- Check the belt through the clear brush cover. If this appears damaged or broken, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have this replaced. If the belt is intact, please continue checking the following:
- Ensure both power switches are turned on when you check for brush rotation.
- Unplug the power cord and remove the handle completely. Slide handle back into the lower section of handle, ensuring the screw is in tight. If the handle is not aligned properly, this will affect the power of the brush motor.
- Look for debris wrapped around the brush (i.e. string, hair, fibers, etc.). When the machine is unplugged, cut away any visible hair, fibers or debris from the brush roller. This brush is NOT removable from the machine.
- If something has become lodged in the foot and the brush shuts off, turn off the vacuum and unplug this from the outlet. You can now remove the obstruction. The brush will automatically reset when the vacuum is plugged in and turned back on.
If you continue to experience difficulty with this, please take your machine to the following Service Center in your area. The warranty on this machine is five years.
Aug 12, 2010 |
Bissell Healthy Home HEPA Bagless Upright...