Question about Bunn MCP My Cafe Single Serve Coffee Maker - Pour Over
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello. I would say that you are going to have to call: For repair information, call 800-352-286. They don't usually supply commercial repair houses with part information, or you could try here:
They will be able to get you what you need with minimal effort.
Hope this helped, and thank you.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
I have the same problem and I took the coffee maker apart to find out why. It has to do with a leak on a fitting. On mine I found that the fitting where the hole in the black plastic that the water flows through to get into the stainless steel tank needed to be repaired with some silicone sealant to fix the leak. Still making some coffee!
Posted on Oct 15, 2009
Coffee overflowing onto the counter is a common complaint found in response to many automatic drip coffee makers. The following are potential solutions that can be used to rule out "operator error" vs. a defect or malfunction:
1. Do not "pack" or otherwise overfill the cone/basket with grinds.
2. Ensure you are using the correct grind for an automatic drip coffee maker, neither too fine nor too course. (See instruction manual.)
3. Do not overfill with water. Use the carafe to pour water into the reservoir. This is because a "cup" in coffee terms is defined as 6 oz, not 8 oz. Note: Some coffee makers define as little as 5 oz as a cup.
4. Make sure the filter cone/basket clicks into place and that the carafe is centered and pushed all the way in.
5. Try a permanent filter rather than a paper filter or vice versa.
6. Only use the correct permanent or paper filter (see manual).
7. Verify that the Pause 'n Serve button isn't sticking. If it is activated too long the brew will escape over the top of the cone/basket. This may be more apt to happen if the alignment of the carafe and the basket is incorrect.
8. Clean your machine with vinegar or as instructed by your user manual at least three times per year, more if your water supply is hard. A properly cleaned machine is less likely to suffer a burned out heating element, to take too long to brew, to produce "off" tasting coffee, or to clog and overrun the filter basket as the water runs through the grinds.
9. Ensure that the coffee machine is sitting level on the counter.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
These models have a plastic pour-in tray just under the top lid. The plastic on these trays gets brittle over time with the heating and cooling, and they crack where they mount to the tank. The only real way to repair this is to replace the pour-in tray, but these are not sold anywhere that I have found. You might be able to find a used one at a Bunn dealer in your area.
I have seen some people do a temporary repair by putting a washer under the mounting bolt and sealing it with silicone, but this is a temp. fix at best. By the way, the reason that the water appears to be coming from the bottom of the machine is that there is no other place for the water to come out after it leaks from the top.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
Please get the model and code date located on the bottom of the brewer. The machine has a 3 year warranty and if it is 3 years old or less, it will be replaced at no cost. If it is older than 3 years old, it will be replaced at a discounted price. Once you have this information please call customer service.
Posted on May 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2015 | Bunn My Cafe MCU Universal 4-in-1 Single...
Dec 08, 2015 | Bunn My Cafe MCP
Sep 22, 2014 | Bunn Commercial Bunn My Cafe Pourover...
Apr 15, 2014 | Bunn My Cafe MCP
Nov 21, 2013 | Bunn My Cafe MCU Universal 4-in-1 Single...
Jan 18, 2011 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Oct 09, 2009 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Oct 09, 2009 | Bunn GRX-B Original 10-Cup Home Coffee...
Jul 13, 2009 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Apr 02, 2008 | Mr. Coffee 072179228578 12 Cup Coffee...
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: