Question about Utilitech Plumbing

1 Answer

Parts 0240044 pump. The plastic bottom is broken, How do I get a replacement?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,382 Answers

You can go to: and get the part number from the manual. It is not in English however there are drawings etc. Also stop at your local LOWS store.

Posted on Jun 07, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Pump replace plastic parts in pump

I would suggest replacing it or having the pump rebuilt. It may be cheaper to just replace it.

Aug 19, 2013 | Utilitech 3/4-HP 15 GPM Shallow Well Jet...

1 Answer

Plastic bottom door spacer broken

bottom plastic door spacer is pt # WR01X10297 COST 7.35 . TO REPLACE OPEN DOOR AN SUPPORT / REMOVE BOTTOM HINGE PLATE AND REMOVE . REVERSE TO INSTALL . hope this helps mm parts are found and any appliance dealer or on the web at several dist . .. feed back pls ..

Dec 11, 2010 | GE Monogram ZISS420NRSS 42" Built-In...

1 Answer

Wand will not spin

First check the wand for trash, such as plastic from straws or bags, and glass from a broken glass. If the mater ports are clean your most likly cause is the impeller in the bottom needs replaced because of broken fins from broken glass and coins or silverware being dropped in the bottom. This is usually easy to repair, two or four screws parts can be bought at an appliance repair parts store or sears.

Mar 17, 2010 | Dishwashers

1 Answer

Funny noise does not work rubber piece at bottom

This assumes that you have a basic Kenmore / Whirlpool top load, direct drive, neutral drain (it doesn't spin until the pump removes most of the water) machine.

First, see the Sears parts site for your washer:

Enter your model number and you'll see a list of major sub-components with diagrams and parts.

The rubber piece at bottom is likely the center piece of a motor coupling. See the section on the parts list for motor and pump.
The funny noise is likely the plastic pieces of the coupler rubbing against each other.

The coupling consists of three pieces. Two of them are plastic and have prongs that slip into holes in a center rubber piece. This is a fail safe device that protects the motor and transmission.

GURU JSROCK516 Description of how to remove cabinet and access the transmission.

Remove the cabinet and pump, motor and motor mounting plate.

Pry off the plastic parts from the motor and transmission.

Slid the new plastic parts on the motor and transmission, slip the new rubber piece onto the prongs on the plastic piece on the transmission.

Replace the motor mounting plate.

Carefully line up the prongs on the plastic part attached to the motor to the three unused holes in the rubber piece and re mount the motor.

Put the pump back on and replace the cabinet.

Aug 31, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines

1 Answer

Noise during draining

to get to the motor or the pump you NEED to un install the dishwasher and flip it on its side or back and remove the botom cover.from there you will see whats up.

Aug 07, 2009 | LG LDF6810ST Stainless Steel Built-in...

3 Answers

I have a Republic EZ drop fertilizer spreader. The gray plastic device (2 pieces, one screwed inside the other) up by the push handle that rotates to widen or narrow the slot at the bottom of the...

I have a Republic EZ drop fertilizer spreader. The gray plastic device (2 pieces, one screwed inside the other) up by the push handle that rotates to widen or narrow the slot at the bottom of the fertilizer storage bin when the handle is squeezed is broken. The cable connecting the device to the movable part of the slot is OK. The gray plastic has numbers on it that show through a small square opening in the gray plastic closest to the push handle. Where can I get a replacement part?

May 11, 2009 | Garden

1 Answer

Motor noise when starting cycle

I think I just resolved the same problem. On ours, it was a broken plastic fork prong that had gotten pulled into the bottom part. When I removed the broken plastic fork prong, it still made the same noise. After inspecting the "fins" on the bottom part of the "pump", I could see that the broken fork prong had caused a "burr" on each of the fins. These "burrs" were rubbing the piece that is supposed to keep large object from being pulled thru the drain. I took a knife and cut the burrs off each fin, put everything back together, and the tested it. It works perfectly.

To get to the pump:
  1. remove the bottom dish basket
  2. remove the rotating sprayer arm by just lifting it up
  3. remove the drain screen by just lifting it up
  4. remove the big round metal disc by turning the inner plastic clip counter clockwise about one inch and lift it out.
  5. remove the "pump" by turning the base counter clockwise about one inch and lift it out. Note that when this goes back in, there are three prongs on the sides of the pump that must fit back into the molded slots where the pump goes.
Remove any obstacles that you may see. There is a small tunnel that the pump sucks water thru. Check that. For me, I used a cup of water to flush mine out. Be careful, it could be a piece of glass that is causing your issue. Once the obstacle is removed, check the "fins" on the bottom of the pump. If you see any "burrs", cut them off with a knife (or file them down). Reverse the steps above to put everything back together. As a note, you can check that this resolves your issue by just putting the pump back in & starting your dishwasher.

Please note that I'm just a DIY'er and not a professional. I hope this resolves your issue!

Apr 08, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...

1 Answer

Bissel proheat won't spray from bottom or attachment

I had the same problem. After 3 weeks of seals belts pump etc. I was ready to give up.
The problem with mine as I suspect with others is the seal on the water tank.
The bottom plastic connector is not high enough to allow the water to flow to the pump.
My solution was to raise the bottom connector 3/16 of an inch.
I did this with a piece of plastic cut like a flat washer or auto gasket material could be used.
The connector must be removed from the bottom by pressing on the tabs. Hope this helps.

Jan 27, 2009 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

213 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Utilitech Plumbing Experts

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3238 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16974 Answers


Level 3 Expert

822 Answers

Are you an Utilitech Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides