Question about Cuisinart Can Opener

1 Answer

Missing piece The prong to thr right of the cutter where the cutter rests is missing. Can it be replaced and where would I order it from.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 12 Answers

Contact the manufacturer, explain to them its missing or defective(whatever the case s here) They should have the part, and possibly covered under a warranty-usually around a year if they ask how long you've owned it. If all else fails, put up a wanted ad on CL or something, ya never know who might have one sitting around you could use for parts or even replace this one?

Posted on Apr 13, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Plastic separator missing

It is a tedicous process but it can be done. Disassemble the unit (remove the gear cover). remove the cutters and use an end plastic and place it where it is most needed, usually somewhere in the center of the cutters. Make sure the cutters are oriented in the same direction so as not to jam the paper. Reassemble in reverse order. Make a diagram of the preassembly and use it to reassemble the unit. Take your time. Perhaps you could request a replacement plastic. I just used a plastic washer on the ends. I do remove shredded paper once in a while but that is just preventive maintainance. Hope this helps.

Dec 12, 2009 | Royal 10X Shredder

1 Answer

Cutter missing or lost, can I replace?

The lever for the cutter is #UB3740030, and the whole print assembly is UB 3943001. Not too hard to replace, just a couple standard phillips screws.

Oct 22, 2009 | Brother P-Touch PT-15 Thermal Label...

2 Answers

1997 part missing from air conditioning, I put freon in and one pipe got cold,but leaked right out.Auto zone says their is a hose missing from the back of the of a metal piece to another of the car to hold...

these hoses are swedged onto the tubes and need to be replaced as a assembly. This is not something you should undertake yourself. There are tools needed (deep vacuum pump and hose manifold set) to do the repair. AutoZone should be able to order the hose,though.

Jul 24, 2009 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Four prong plug to three prong plug

You can if you want to, but it's not generally necessary. Here's a picture of a 3 prong configuration with a ground strap...

That green wire with the yellow stripe is a ground and it is most definitely connected to the cabinet somewhere. So it will serve as the ground strap (in the above picture).

Here's the thing... say you were going from a 3 prong to a 4 prong. That is, the dryer was originally "designed" for a 3 prong. This means you'd have to "retrofit" it a bit. Take a look at this pic... ( I made this for someone else, so please disregard my somewhat hostile remarks, OK?)

The ground strap has been removed and has been replaced by the ground to the frame. Yours probably does NOT have a ground strap, though... yours uses that Green/Yellow wire for frame ground.

All of that to say this. Don't lose sleep over it. Ya done good.



May 01, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MDE6800A Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Missing piece?

You are not missing anything. The stem (metal bar, wich is going into movement) from the crown (you say knob) is broke. The stem is made of one piece and screws directly into crown. You've been unfortunate to brake it and the tiny end of stem still in the crown - the rest looks OK , but actually it is what's left of the stem. This is not the job you can do yourself, so, find the nearest watchmaker and ask for replacement. Do not forget to rate, please.

Mar 03, 2009 | Fossil Metal Casual Green Dial AM4071...

1 Answer

The middle piece in a protron portable dvd is missing

If you talking about the clamper (the peice on top of the door) Yes its a common replacement part used on many brands and
should be inexpensive to replace. You can call 909-354-4120 and order one.

Dec 31, 2007 | Protron 7" Portable DVD Player

1 Answer

Loose Cutter Block

when you remove the cutter block is there a white nylon fixture atop the vibrating mechanism? this nylon piece snaps on the vibrating rod and the cutter snaps into the nylon fixture.

Sep 02, 2007 | Braun Syncro 7526 Electric Shaver

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cuisinart Can Opener Logo

Related Topics:

72 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cuisinart Kitchen Appliances - Others Experts

Angel Joseph Jr.
Angel Joseph Jr.

Level 2 Expert

684 Answers

Dale Anderson
Dale Anderson

Level 1 Expert

5 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

43059 Answers

Are you a Cuisinart Kitchen Appliances - Other Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides