Question about Actiontec Computers & Internet
SOMEONE PLEASE ******* TELL ME HOW TO GET MY NAT FROM STRICT TO OPEN ON MY XBOX!!!! TRIED EVERYTHING WITH THIS ******* PIECE OF **** GATEWAY AND NOTHING WORKS DMZ DOESNT WORK MY PORTS ARE ******* FORWARDED, UPNP IS ON AND I CANT FIND A SINGLE INSTANCE OF SOMEONE ELSE GETTING THIS WORKING WITH THIS DEVICE ****. IM GUNA ******* GO MENTAL. ******** MTS, AND ******** ACTIONTEC YOU ******* DOUBLE NAT PIECE OF GARBAGE.
Posted by Anonymous on
Factory reset the router, 98% of time solves problem with Xbox, you shouldnt have to configure and thing after the factory reset, just reconnect via ethernet or wifi. you hold down the reset button on the back of the router for 12+ seconds while the router is turned on. wait 1-2 minutes for reboot
Posted on Aug 13, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: xbox live NAT
I have worked with tons of these netgears and I have learned that the netgear has a hard time with the port forwards. There is a couple things you could try to slove this
1. Upgrade the firmware. Netgear has upgrades on there site for every router and you should be able to up grade the firmware.
2. You must do a reserve ip address in the netgear. Setup the xbox to that ip address then do the port forwarding and it will work
3. You must have these ports forwared to that ip address
The following ports must be available for Xbox Live to operate correctly: • UDP 88 • UDP 3074 • TCP 3074
As for the Dmz This is desgined to take you outside of the router firewall which Is ok if you want to setup. It did make a difference on mine
Posted on Oct 26, 2007
I tried to find this "Access Point Mode" on the WBR 1310 as suggested above and I couldn't. I spent hours on the phone with support from Xbox, D link, and my ISP Bell Sympatico's technical support trying to get my Strict NAT to Open. I finally got everything working and if you follow the instructions below in order, you will too. Here's what you should know if you have the D Link WBR 1310 and Bell Sympatico Internet.
1. Log into the router and under the Setup tab click on "Setup Wizard" then on the next page click on "Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard" In step 1 leave the password unchanged and click next. On step 2 select your timezone. On step 3 this is important, select PPPOE setting. On the 4th step leave the Address Mode in Dynamic and enter the Username and password supplied to you by Sympatico.
Once you have configured your Router to work with the PPPOE settings that Bell uses (Most DSL providers use this setting) you should now get a Moderate reading when you do the Network test in the Xbox dashboard.
2. Now go here http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm and follow the instructions to setting up a static IP address on your computer.
3. After setting up a static IP address on your computer, go here http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/WBR-1310/Xbox_Live_360.htm and follow the instructions. Something you should keep in mind which isn't mensioned on this page is for each port you forward under the box that says "IP Address" do not put the IP address of your computer. You put in the new IP address of the Xbox 360 which was one of the 5 that was generated on the previous link. What you are doing is giving the Xbox 360 a new IP address and that new IP address needs to forward these port numbers to the Router.
4. Go into the Xbox dashboard and edit the Network settings. Under Basic Settings click on IP address and set it to manual. Now enter in the new IP address you chose for the Xbox 360. The subnet mask and the gateway is the same as your computer. (You can find these by clicking start, run, type in cmd then when the box comes up type in ipconfig/all
Under the DNS Settings it should be set to automatic and under Additional Settings leave them empty. Run the test in the dashboard and it should now be Open!
Also after reading several forums you don't need to enable DMZ host and leave the UPnP enabled. By default they are set this way anyway. Hope that helps.
Posted on Jan 05, 2008
SOURCE: Strict NAT setting on XBOX 360
i have a Belkin N1 Wireless router and either have a moderate or strict NAT...the xbox chooses sometimes...but i am wondering if any one can suggest what to do
Posted on Mar 20, 2008
You want the NAT open for X-box ?
For X-box you will need to open some ports on the router.
Also you will need to reduce down the MTU on the router to 1365.
That will work.
for this you will need to open the router set up.
Click here for more info about x-box and router settings
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 21, 2010 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Dec 09, 2009 | Actiontec Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2009 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Sep 01, 2008 | Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router W/4 Port...
Apr 20, 2008 | Belkin Wireless-N Wireless Router with...
Mar 31, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 17, 2016 | Actiontec Computers & Internet
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: