Question about Grilling
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I purchased this grill and assembled it yesterday. I noted the area that is providing confusion as it is wrong. Please follow the following instructions. It is quite simple when you have a background in electrical and electronics engineering. These directions should translate my knowledge into step by step instructions for all.
1. Attach the two thinner wires with two terminals on each wire, from the front of the grill head to the larger (Input or Control) terminals on the igniter assembly. These two wires are from the push to turn micro switches on each of the burner control knobs on the grill head. Attach the two smaller terminals on these thinner wires to the micro switch on the side burner control connected as part of the regulator and hose assembly.
2. Attach the three thicker wires from the front of the grill head to three of the six smaller (output) terminals on the igniter assembly. These wires go to the igniters themselves.
3. Connect the two thicker wires from the rear of the grill head to two of the six output terminals on the igniter assembly. The small wire is for the igniter on the bottom infrared burner and the larger, thermally insulated wire, connects to the igniter on the rear infrared burner.
4. Connect the lead from the side burner to the remaining small output terminal on the igniter assembly.
5. Mount the igniter to the front of the right side shelf by removing the battery cover and hexagonal nut. Insert the shaft through the hole in the front of the right side shelf and secure with the hexagonal nut. Replace the battery cap. Do not install the battery at this time.
6. Mount the side burner control by inserting the long end of the control into the side burner assembly. Attach the control to the front of the right side shelf with the two screws held in the front of the control assembly. NOTE: You must remove the screws from the control assembly and insert them through the Off/On bezel and front panel of the right side shelf before screwing them back into the control assembly. Install the control knob for the right side shelf. Verify that the connections to the side burner control micro switch made in step 1 are still intact.
7. Insert the battery into the igniter assembly by removing the batter cap and inserting the AA size battery with the positive (pointed) end out. Replace the battery cap.
8. Test the igniter assembly prior to installing the gas tank and installing the “Flame Tamers” and grates by pushing in on each burner control knob in turn. Listen for a popping sound and look for sparks at each burner.
I hope this helps.
E. F. Roberts & Associates
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
SOURCE: all 3 Burmers won't stay lit
I contacted the company. Phone number 800-694-0013. You can order replacement parts thru them but they cannot take credit cards by phone you have to mail in the payment and they will Fed-Ex the part when they receive it. The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful, she stated these grills are made for Meijer's pretty much exclusively and they are made in China and that if you can locate their website it is all in Chinese. She also stated the distributor has opted not to sell the replacement parts for these in the store.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Call 1-800-4MYHOME and request a brochure for that model. Then you can call the Parts line at the same number and order the parts you need.
The actual grill model number is 141-16690
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
Try this link: http://www.grillstuff.com/grill-parts/brinkmann/810-2300-b/?cat=27&brand=5&model=8938
It should bring you right to your specific grill and list replacement parts including burners.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2015 | Grilling
Mar 06, 2015 | Grilling
Jul 20, 2014 | GrillPro Backyard Grill 5-Burner Stainless...
Sep 14, 2011 | Barbeques Galore Capt'n Cook 3-Burner...
Aug 10, 2011 | Barbeques Galore Turbo STS 4-Burner with...
Jul 04, 2011 | Brinkmann Grilling
Jul 04, 2011 | Grilling
Jun 20, 2010 | Grilling
Mar 19, 2009 | Grilling
May 03, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 900 sq. in. Cooking Area Gas...
Aug 15, 2017 | Grilling
Aug 14, 2017 | Grilling
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!