Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: changing to multi region dvd
There are a couple sites I found that offer the codes for that player and the BD-P1000. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the links for those sites but the link to the site zimcloud posted is one of the places I saw it listed. You can google the model and region code and a list of sites come up.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Region code hack posted by anindo_roy, January 09 2009:
I bought a Samsung DVD player 1080PK in Bangalore recently (Jan 2009) and initially it was coded only for region 5 (India). I went through the following steps (which were told to me by a Samsung technician) to make it region free. This steps match closely to the one posed by another viewer so I have retained the same format.
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
2) Press the Open/Close button to open the tray
3) Press the info button, the firmware version shows up
4) After the version info disappears, close the tray again by pressing the Open/Close button
5) At this point, it will show "no disc" at the top. Press the Info button again, and this will disappear.
6) Locate the Repeat A-B button on the remote, which in my case was ‘9’
6) Now type the code that applies for your region (R5 (India) is 53814) followed by 9 (Repeat A-B button) and then press the Enter button. So enter 538149 and then Enter. A last few digits ‘4’ and '9' may briefly show up at the top left corner.
8) Power off the player, and turn it on again. You'll have a multi region player
Region Code for the 1080PK hack:
R1 - 29334
R2 - 57538
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
This worked for me after a couple of tries.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Haven't tried it, but found this online somewhere....
1. Open tray and remove any disks in tray.
2. Close tray.
3. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait 30 seconds (this clears RAM)
4. Reconnect to mains
5. Turn on player with remote.
6. Press ENTER on remote.
5. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9.
7. Press ENTER on remote. (The tray will open)
8. Switch off power from remote, then switch back on.
9. Player is now Region Free.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
SOURCE: Region code for Sony BDP S300
Posted on Aug 26, 2009
Testimonial: "I still couldn't get the info i needed from the links, so unless i'm missing something the advice wasn't helpful."
1.Turn on R155 without disc inserted
2. Press and hold Play and Stop for 5 seconds then release
3. Press menu
4. enter code for current region as above i.e if you have a region 4 type: 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
5. The region is displayed in the top right.
6. You have about 5 seconds to enter the new region (1,2,3,4,5,6 or 9 for multiregional)
Region codes for Samsung:
RC 1: 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
RC 2: 3, 8, 7, 6, 7 (or 5, 7, 5, 3, 8)
RC 3: 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
RC 4: 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
RC 5: 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
RC 6: 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2014 | Samsung Televison & Video
Feb 10, 2013 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 08, 2013 | Samsung Blue- Ray Disc Player With Bonus...
Mar 07, 2011 | Samsung BDC8000 10.3 in. Blu-Ray Player
Mar 20, 2010 | Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-ray Disc Player
Aug 29, 2009 | Samsung BD-P1000
Aug 01, 2008 | Televison & Video
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!