I have a DBPower PTZ wireless IP Outdoor Dome camera, I have set it up, firstly it does not work on Wireless so I have wired with an ethernet cable, I have 2 other bullet DB Power cameras which I have set up fine and can view and record, but when i try and set up the dome camera in the software provided IPCMonitor, I can not get a picture, the message I get when I try to start is "Video failed to start", I have checked all the settings and everything is set properly, but I just can not get a picture. If I use the Search tool provided it comes up on the search and if I double click like the instructions say then the picture comes up fine in FF and in Mobile mode, but will not give me a picture in IE mode... I am pulling my hair out on this one as i would like all 3 camera showing on 1 program. I have installed the OCX application as per instructions. The camera is a B series, originally allocated the IP code as 192.168.1.99 port 99, but I had to change that to 192.168.0.99 port 85 as my router is 192.168.0.6 so it had to be changed to above. Any ideas or solutions please, I have checked on the web but can not find anything about this problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
what do you use to command? hardware or software?
if you use the remote control, is it on same channel than the receptor (camera)? (see letter and number !) same for hardware IP controler, see channel, and if software, are you signed in as admin or only viewer ?
Check the power adapter for continuity. If you experienced a power outage or surge lately, the adapter and/or camera may be damaged. Try to use camera with alternative adapters of the same voltage/current/.
I had the same problem. Here was my successful solution:
reset the modem
only change the SSID (do not activate the security yet)
reset the camera
install the camera
set the static ip address
set the SSID to match the modem and save settings
unplug the power and the ethernet to the camera
plug in the power to the camera and wait for the lights on the front are illuminated
go back into the camera and set the security settings
go into the modem and set the security settings.
Plug in the network cable first and make sure the following settings are correct:
1. SSID is the same and set to broadcast
2. You are using the same WPA AES password as the router (or WEP password if you are using WEP)
3. The wireless antennae is connected
4. The camera is located not to far from the router
After that, remove the network cable and restart your camera.
1. Make sure that wireless settings are properly synchronized. >> ssid/security key. 2. Check your computers wireless connection status > Make sure that it is set to "obtain ip address automatically) 3. If still not working if computer is set to obtain ip automatically, try assigning static ip on wireless pc > You need to know your router's ip address and dns 4. Disable firewall on wireless pc.