I have a Toshiba 46hm94 this is the 2nd time i have replaced the bulb- 1st time was a breeze and i dont remember the buzzing sound. I am completely stressed out. The bulb is a Toshiba bulb - had no issues taking old one out and putting new one it. I replaced it bc it was a black screen/making a buzzing noise when I tried to turn it on and the green light was flashing. I can get the screen to show up after several - 15 to 20 attempts - it still buzzes when it is turned on. It makes the on noise attempt buzzes for about 10 seconds then the green light flashes and tries to reset it self 8 times..... cant go buy a new tv - my son and I have had this one for 4 years, it was a gift from my mom and dad! HELP!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: replaced with a new toshiba bulb still buzzing!!!
Hi, Seems Ballast Supply is not working and causing buzzing sound. It is power section that fires up Lamp in TV. Ballast supply is available in Part Store for this TV. price of this part is bit high so please confirm that ballast supply is bad because I'm far away from TV and can guess what might be wrong upon your feedback. Local TV tech will help you to confirm. Thanks.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
that buzzing is the high end power trying to turn the lamp on.... the electrical current and shock is what turn your lamp on your tv which is what the buzzing is dont worry thats normal...however your solution is buy a new lamp for your tv but make sure its the right serial number for lamp u cant just buy any lamp. best place to buy one ebay.... as in the lamp still trying to light up its only because the electrical current going into the lamp and then cutting off causing the red light on your tv....so other words all it is is the lamp... CAUTION!!!! those lamps get up to 400 degrees unplug tv to ensure no electrical current.... hope i helped.... JACOB WINKLER
Sir the problem of your unit is the lamp try to replace it it is much better to use a gloves and wash your hand after replacing the lamp because this lamp contains mercury. follow this steps.
1. Unplug the unit to main ac outlet. Remove the bulb housing cover from the back of the TV. Using a screwdriver, carefully remove the cover to reveal the old bulb. Using a cloth, remove the bulb from the TV by first unplugging it from the wiring harness. Carefully rock the harness back and forth until it comes free from the bulb. Push in the bulb slightly and turn it a quarter-turn to remove it from the bulb housing. 2. Install the new bulb. Do not touch the new bulb with your fingers, as any grease or fingerprint from your hands will damage the tiny mirrors in the bulb. Instead, carefully handle the bulb using the cloth. Insert it into the bulb housing and secure the door. Test the unit. Plug in and turn on your Toshiba TV and make sure that the new bulb is installed properly and that the image looks crisp.
3. Reset the lamp time counter. Each Toshiba TV comes with a lamp hour meter stored in its software. If you do not reset the lamp timer, the unit may stop operating when it gets to a certain time (refer to your manual because each Toshiba TV is slightly different). To reset your Toshiba lamp timer, turn off the TV, wait 10 seconds, hold down the "on," "menu" and "input" buttons on the remote at the same time, and turn the power back on. A yellow light should appear in the bottom corner of the TV indicating that the lamp timer has been reset. Hope this help good day and best regards.
It is possible the lamps may be defective or that they may be the wrong replacement for this model, as it may have a different wattage setup with the ballast. If you want to try to order the TB25 lamp from a different vendor, you can order the original Toshiba replacement lamp for this model (52HM84) from a major Toshiba parts distributor at the link below:
They exact way the lights blink are telling you what the failure is. If the tv is firing the lamp and the lamp is bad, you will hear a buzz sound for about 1 second. The tv tries 8 times before it gives up and spits out the lamp error. Check the user manual for led diagnostics. If you put in a new lamp but still have issues, you've likely got a bad ballast (most common on this model) or colorwheel (less common). Both are part of the optical block (light engine) and I don't believe they're available as individual components from toshiba.