Question about GE JVM1450BA / WA / AA 950 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No heat I have the same microwave, yesterday when I placed an item in it, I heard the high voltage kick in and thought I heard a pop. Now it does not heat, everything else works.

Posted by on

  • doumor_99 Jun 17, 2009

    I bought a GE Spacemaker builders model on Craigslist Brand new yanked from a model home, I am going to use it for parts. It was only $75 so I cannot go wrong. Thanks I will use your suggestion.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 6,784 Answers

HI, the magnetron has failed at this point. the pop you herd was from the magnetron tube. i would also check the high limit capacitor as well. it may have caused this pop as well.

I would replace the capacitor(high limit) and magnetron in this case.

The failed magnetron has been automatically confirmed by the no heating issue but, the cap may be on its way out soon.

Posted on Jun 17, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Heard a pop and now the jvm2070 will not heat anything

This sounds like the magnetron has failed, also! the high voltage capacitor and diode can be a factor, since all the above work together in generating heat for the food. If the magnetron has failed it is cheaper to replace the microwave oven.

Mar 10, 2011 | GE JVM2070 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Heard a "pop" in microwave - now it doesn't heat

Most likely you have a blown high voltage diode.

Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
(if it's not shorted or burned, it's probably okay)

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.

There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.

our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 01, 2011 | GE JVM3670 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When I turned it on I heard a "pop" and then it

The high voltage diode has probably blown. The service manual is at our site here.

You can find links to helpful exploded view diagrams and part ordering help here.

I recommend that you bookmark that link to your favorites.

Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
(if it's not shorted, it's probably okay)
(even if the magnetron passes these tests, it can still be bad. If you have high voltage and the diode is good, assume the magnetron is bad)

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer

Dec 07, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore Microwave model 721.80019 does not heat


When the microwave sounds okay, but there's no heat, one of the internal door switches, the high voltage circuitry, or the circuit board may have a problem. As there was power loss due to storm so I believe it could either be the the high voltage circuitry, or the circuit board . To resolve this problem, you need the assistance of a qualified appliance repair technician.

Please do rate the solution as FixYa and revert for further assitance.


Jun 07, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave made loud popping sound and now does not heat.

Try this
Probably a high voltage diode popped because contaminated grease eventually built up and made a path for a high voltsge arc to occur.. To confirm,take the outer cover off the microwave and discharge the high voltage capacitor by shorting its terminals. Then pull the plug off the magnetron side and place it near the magnetron socket. Now turn the microwave on and push the connector on the magnetron with a chopstick or a long insulated screwdriver. If no arc when you do this this confirms a bad diode.

please rate my suggestion..

Apr 13, 2009 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sharp R 1480

This is usually a blown high voltage rectifier diode.

We have the service manual and have uploaded it to our site here.

We have critical safety & disassembly info (including a disassembly how-to video) at our site, linked here.

The best place to order Sharp parts is Tritronics.

We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 19, 2008 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave not heating unless exhaust fan is on high

check the control unit and high voltage circuit, and megnetron, high voltage diodes, wiring and high voltage fuse etc.,

Sep 26, 2007 | Samsung MW1030WA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Will not heat

The loud pop was almost certainly the high voltage diode going bad. To find parts, I suggest you call the number on your owner's manual or check with the store where you bought it. Sunbeam may not make this part available, so be prepared. Maybe they have authorized servicers in your area. Ask them about that. Good luck.

Sep 21, 2007 | Sunbeam SMW777 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Pop in the vent area followed by no heating

This is not likely a door switch problem. That pop was probably a part blowing, most likely the high voltage rectifier diode. If you or a friend want to check into and repair this, here is a good link for safety info & do-it-yourself info: Find & buy GE repair parts here: If that isn't it, please repost with new details. Good luck and be safe. Your rating of this answer is appreciated.

Nov 17, 2006 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE JVM1450BA / WA / AA 950 Watts Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

161 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers


Level 2 Expert

225 Answers


Level 3 Expert

1216 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides