I know how to get through the menu, but the simple dubbing option is dim and I can't select it. Hitting the dub button on the box or remote doesn't work either. I've got the my home movie vhs and a blank dvd all ready but I can't hit "go"! Please help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
For VHS -> DVD dubbing, make sure that you put in a compatible writable DVD with enough space for the video. For dubbing a DVD to VHS, make sure that you have a VHS tape with the erase protection tab on the tape. Insert the blank media in the correct side and the media that you want to record in the other. Press Setup on the remote, then select the General Settings menu. Then select Recording and finally Dubbing. (Use the up/down arrows to navigate the menus and press Enter to select an option.) Select the type of dubbing that you want to do. Press Setup to exit. Then press the DVD or VCR button (with the item to record) and press play and pause when you reach the point that you want to start the recording. Then press the other device button and press the Dubbing button (on the remote or the unit). Press Stop when done recording the selection.
Use the Dub video feature. This will work if the source is not copy protected. Make sure you have a writable (or rewritable) DVD with sufficient space available in the DVD tray (closed) and put your tape to dub in the VCR.
Press Setup on the remote and navigate down (up/down arrows) to Recording and press OK. Then select Dubbing Mode in the next menu level and press OK. When the Option menu opens, highlight VCR to DVD and press OK. Press Setup to exit this menu. Choose a recording mode using REC MODE on the remote. Press Play and then Pause when you reach the point where you want to start the recording (press quickly if you want to dub the whole tape; you will lose a few seconds while the dubbing starts so include 5 seconds extra if starting later in the tape). Then press Dubbing on the remote. The duplication will start. Press Stop when you reach the end of the section to record.
I hope this helps.
Cindy Wells (only the Setup and Rec Mode buttons do not have a matching button on the front of the unit. The later steps (setting up the start point, starting the Dub and stopping it) can be done with the remote or the buttons on the unit.)
Choose Dub on remote. Choose HDD to DVD. When you are looking at your HDD Titles, move the cursor (the highlighted box, using the left/right buttons on your remote) to the title you want to Dub. Hit the OK button on your remote. Then hit the Dubbing button on your remote. If you are ready to record, move cursor down to Start Dubbing. Choose speed, then hit OK button.
When you insert the dvd are you in dvd mode or hdd mode I think you have to be in hdd mode then go to settings insert dvd that you want to dub wait then it should become not greyed out, I had a similar problem when i tried to burn a dvd from hdd I had to be in hdd mode to dub I hope this helps let me know
Samsung's solution to many problems seem to be the type of dvd. Try using a dvd-r. I am able to select dubbing with a dvd+r, but the +r discs won't play in other dvd players. Apparently, -r is the only disc to use with this box to avoid issues. The +r records the soundtrack a few seconds off of the video track.
You need to go into the set up menu and select recording options. On the recording options menu, scroll down to dubbing options. On the dubbing options menu select either VCR to DVD or DVD to VCR. Recording and Dubbing are not the exactly the same thing. You use the record buttons to record TV directly to VCR/DVD you use the dubbing buttons and set up to record DVD to VCR or VCR to DVD. Hope this helps. Dafid
1. Insert a blank DVD disc in the DVD deck and close the disc tray. 2. Insert the VHS video tape you wish to copy into the VCR deck. 3. Find the place on the VHS tape from which you want to start dubbing using the PLAY, FF, REW and PAUSE functions. For best results, pause playback at the point from which you want to record. 4. Press the DUBBING button on the Remote Control or DUB on the front panel. The Dubbing menu appears. 5. Use the arrow keys to select the desired Record Mode: EP, LP, SP or XP. 6. Select [Dubbing] then press ENTER or DUBBING to start copying. 7. To stop dubbing at any other time, press STOP (x). Dubbing will stop automatically when the VHS tape ends.
Audio Dubbing may vary by model. Most Digital Camcorders are equipped with this feature. To verify that your model is, please view the User Manual.
* The AUDIO DUBBING function only works in PLAYER Mode.
* You can add sound to the original sound on a pre-recorded tape, recorded in SP mode with 12bit sound.
* Use the internal and external microphones or other audio equipment.
* The original sound will not be erased.
1. Set the camcorder to PLAYER mode.
* If you want to use an external microphone, connect the microphone to the external MIC input jack on the camcorder.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the camcorder by inserting the cable jack into the A/V in/out terminal at the left side of the camcorder.
- Press the MENU button, turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V and press the ENTER button.
- Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight AV IN/OUT and press the ENTER button to select AV IN.
2. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button and find the timeframe of the scene to be dubbed.
3. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to pause the scene.
4. Press the A.DUB button on the Remote Control.
* A.DUB will be displayed on the LCD.
* The camcorder is in a ready-to-dub state for dubbing.
5. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to start dubbing.
* Press the (STOP) button to stop the dubbing.
* You can not use the audio dubbing function while playing a write protected video tape.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, you must connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the audio system from which you wish to record.
* You cannot dub sound on a pre-recorded tape in LP or 16 bit mode.
Dubbed audio Playback
1. Insert the dubbed tape and press MENU button.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V.
3. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
4. Use the MENU DIAL to select AUDIO SELECT from the submenu.
5. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
6. Using the MENU DIAL, select the AUDIO playback channel.
Press the ENTER button to confirm the audio playback channel.
* SOUND1 : play the original sound.
* SOUND2 : play the dubbed sound.
* MIX(1+2) : play back SOUND1 and 2 equally mixed.
7. To exit, press the MENU button.
8. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to playback the dubbed tape.
Note: When you playback added sound (SOUND2 or MIX mode), you may experience loss of sound quality.