Question about Intel Computers & Internet
OK ... try this. The bios is not your problem (I'm pretty sure). The network port is driven by the network set-up in the original OS disk ... somehow the network software is not following thru. To mend this
1. go to the bios and set the first boot be the CD then make the hard drive the second.
2. put the orignal OS disk in , let it boot go to the install of additional software.
3. go thru all the categories and one by one reinstall then, but always go to the details and make sure all the entries are checked off ... when you get to the network, there are several check items. Make sure you check all the network items there. For this is where you lost the original networking abilities.
4. Go thru the rest of them and make sure you check all of the items and details, this is like starting the machine all over again as if nothing was installed. This is the most important step.
5. For example if you do not check off the internet explorer ... when it restores the internet explorer will not be there, alot of people make this mistake.
6. This process will be a little shorter in time than installing new hardware from the beginning.
7. When this is done make sure you have a good internet spyware, Do not use ad-ware or this junk they are trying to sell you on line, it is nothing more than another spyware to infiltrate your machine. Use alarm zone, mcfee, or norton ... again DO NOT USE online suggestions, it is proven that these are not what they seem, all they want is your money. if these keep poping up always chose cance. make sure you read the response because some of these say if you click away you will get these viruses anyway ... take the time and read the pop-up bulletin.
This should help you, been there and done that!
8. After all this go to the start menu, defrag your machine, and use the software error professional pro to keep this from happening again as this software has a restore to the last date in it.
9 Note that some of these wirus programs, when they enter your machine will blow the normal restore away theat comes with the os software in the start/system/restore. So you will need a software other than the system restore to sotre you restore file ... Oh yeh ... don't try to restore to your C drive, try to put in on another drive or usb stick, or some other media.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2013 | Compaq (162857-001) Motherboard
Jul 16, 2012 | Intel D425KT Innovation Series Motherboard...
Jun 12, 2011 | Intel Desktop Board D410PT with integrated...
Apr 11, 2011 | Intel Desktop Board D410PT with integrated...
Apr 06, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Jun 26, 2009 | Abit AS8 Motherboard
Feb 17, 2008 | Televison & Video
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!