Question about Whirlpool MH6130XEB/Q Microwave Oven
The unit is over five years old, and mounted above my range. One of the lamps went out, so opened it up and attempted to unscrew the dead lamp. Upon unscrewing the dead lamp, the glass separated from the screw base. For some stupid reason, I hit the light button on the microwave, and
assume I popped a fuse with one old lamp and the broken off base in the
other socket. I then replaced both of the original lamps in the bottom of the unit (I had it open anyway).
Is there a fuse in the unit for the lights? Everything else on the unit works just fine.
There is no fuse power comes staight from the transformer on the board. the only possible fuse is the main fuse that will kill all the power
Posted on Nov 02, 2007
This may have already been dealt with, but others can benefit from an accurate, thoughtful reply to this problem.
We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, linked here on Fixya:
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2013 | Neff H5642 Convection / Microwave Oven
Nov 30, 2012 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Nov 11, 2008 | Maytag MMV5165 Microwave Oven
Jul 11, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 15, 2008 | KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven
Dec 19, 2007 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Nov 26, 2007 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Nov 04, 2006 | Whirlpool MH1140XM Microwave Oven
698 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: