My sister also let me borrow her cleaner and I cannot figure out how to keep the brush on the floor and tilt the handle.Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since I have been using the squirt handle and now have a wet cqarpet that I can't seem to get the water up.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Following is the procedure for removing the brushes.
Your cleaner is equipped with removable brushes. Follow these directions for changing brush assemblies or for easy cleaning. How to Remove To prevent possible leaking, remove Clean Water Tank and Dirty Water Tank. Set tanks aside. With handle in upright position, tilt cleaner back until handle rests on the floor. 5.3 Grab brush assembly and pull firmly.
The brushes can be cleaned under running water. ! CAUTION ! To reduce the risk of injury from moving parts, unplug cleaner before servicing.
Two core baseline things to check. Brush won't spin if the handle is all the way forward (this is where the handle mode engages), so tilt it back before turning unit over to check the brush. Also, run the brush clutch back and forth between hard floor and carpet mode a couple of times and make sure the clutch is fully engaged. Hoping it might be as straigtforward as that (I just picked up a Dyson at a flea market, a really good deal since I couldn't get the brush to spin there. After some research at home, the above finally entered my sphere of knowledge, and no problems with the brush since (other than cutting large volumes of Labrador hair off of it).
Hello! The brush roll shut-off feature is on select models. Your vacuum may or may not have this feature. If it does not, the brushes will continue to rotate while hose is removed or in use and at all times while cleaner is on. The vacuum must be in the upright position to lift rotation brush off the carpet when cleaning above the floor. Be sure the vacuum does not tilt forward when doing above floor cleaning. Hope this was helpful!
Hey there! To change out your brush heads simply follow the instructions below.
1. Remove the nozzle by pulling the two nozzle release buttons.
2. Tilt cleaner back so handle rests on floor.
3. Push two brush release buttons and remove the brush assembly.
4. To replace brushes align post on brush block with hole on bottom of cleaner. Turn brushes slightly until post fits easily into hole. Press brush assembly firmly to snap into place.
Hi there! The tanks, brushes, nozzle and handle can be removed from the cleaner by following these quick steps below.
1. To remove the clean water tank simply grasp the handle and push down on handle to unlock it, then pull the tank out by the handle.
2. To remove the dirty water tank, slide the latches open located on the sides of the cleaner that hold the tank to the base of the cleaner. Grasp the handle and pull up and off.
3. For brush removal, with the handle in the upright position, tilt cleaner back until handle rests on floor. Grab brush assembly and pull firmly.
4. To remove the nozzle, with handle in upright position, tilt cleaner back until handle rests on floor. Pull tab at rear edge of nozzle and pull forward to remove nozzle.
5. For handle removal simply remove the handle screw and lift up on handle.
Disassembly beyond this point is not recommended. Hope this helps!
If you have any further questions about using or maintaining the Dyson which aren't covered by the user guide, please get in touch with us directly. One of our experts will be happy to provide the assistance you need. You can call us free on 08002980298 (UK), or 1866MYDYSON (US).
Your filter may need to be cleaned. It is located behind your brushes. With your tanks removed and the cleaner unplugged; tilt your cleaner back. The filter screen located behind your brushes can be removed by squeezing the sides of the filter and lifting and pulling toward you. Clean and replace.
It would be difficult for me to advise you any further without seeing exactly what you have done.