Question about Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
I've tried to update my little old Zen V Plus by downloading the latest firmware and applications, but I keep getting error messages. One error says "C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe not found" and the other error has the code of 2147213312. I'm running Windows XP Media Edition (2002) and Windows Media Player 11. My Creative Media Explorer won't let me add new media, and while I know I can do this via the Windows Media Player, I'd actually prefer to use the Creative Explorer. What am I doing wrong here? I've done device manager and updated the drivers, and my Zen V Plus is still detected. My USB is fine. Is there anything else I should do before I uninstall and reinstall all my Creative software? I still have my disc, and upon reinstalling the Media Explorer, the option to add media was greyed out. I also found that some of the software did download onto my computer, (like Creative Source), but none of the apps open when I click on them. I'd truly appreciate any suggestions, and thanks in advance!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is what I found. Windows Media Player 11 messes it up. All you have to do is uninstall anything Windows Media Player 11 and then run the firmware upgrader. It's some sort of but. You can reinstall WMP when your done installing the firmware. I found it on the creative forum.
Posted on Jan 16, 2008
SOURCE: firmware update went wrong
What operating system are you using? The Zen Touch firmware update will fail in Vista or 7 -- you need to run the update from an XP install. Once you successfully get the 2.11 firmware on the Touch, it will then interface with those later OS's without difficulty. Also, what version of Windows Media Player are you running? Believe it or not, this makes a BIG difference. The latest Media Player 11 will cause the firmware flash to fail, as will WMP <= 9. I have three separate players that have experienced this problem, including one that had been disassembled THREE YEARS AGO after a failed flash, and was able to resurrect all utilizing this method:
(1) Uninstall everything Creative: the driver, Jukebox, etc. Delete the Creative folder from Program Files. (Some amendment to these instructions may be in order if you have a Creative sound card -- I have built-in Realtek sound so it didn't apply in my case). A restart may or may not be required: go ahead and do so to be safe.
(2) Plug the device in after restart. Windows will want to find drivers for it -- cancel that process. Open the Device Manager. The Touch should come up with an exclamation point next to it (since the drivers were not uninstalled): right-click and select "Uninstall." I have seen instructions on the Web to also uninstall all USB root hubs, but I have found that unnecessary and a pain if you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse. Unplug the device. Restart.
(2) If you are running a version of Windows Media Player not equal to 10, either install 10 (if you have 9 or below) or roll back from 11 if you have that. Restart.
(3) Plug the device back in. My supposition is that this is particular to WMP 10, hence the problems with other versions. The device should pop up as "Creative Zen Touch:" if Windows asks to find drivers, cancel that process, and the device should now come up as an "MTP device."
(4) Since the firmware flash failed, the Zen is probably in recovery mode. Launch the firmware updater software on the computer, and stay at the language selection screen. Choose option 3, "reload firmware," from the recovery menu. It will inform you that it is "deleting old firmware" and then will give you a short period of time with a dialog saying "start firmware update" on the Zen screen. During this time period (about 2 secs), press the language selection of your choice on the computer in order to start the update. It should go through successfully this time.
Posted on Jun 10, 2009
SOURCE: Creative zen v dap fl0036
Go to the following link and download the manual. It is for Creative Zen V series
Posted on Jul 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
Apr 22, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Apr 22, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Feb 17, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Feb 14, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Dec 13, 2007 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Oct 17, 2007 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Sep 05, 2007 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Aug 09, 2007 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Sep 29, 2017 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: