Question about Philips 50PP9202 50" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

I have decided to replace my ic's since my pic has become concave on the bottom. I just need advice on the best procedure to remove the heat sink,etc. The ic's are clipped onto the heat sink from what I can see. Anyone that can walk me thru the removal would be my hero! LOL.

Posted by on

  • a_sasport Jun 17, 2009

    thanks for the input. i have purchased my ic's already from electronix & they came with no instructions...i know-get what you pay for...but i couldn't beat the price. i am debating paying for the downloadable service manual...just hope it has the info i am looking for.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Philips Master
  • 8,617 Answers

You can get this kit for your model at the following link it contains both ICs and the 12 feed resistors plus step by step instructions with pictures of how to do the repair.

Posted on Jun 17, 2009

  • Sonny Berry
    Sonny Berry Jun 17, 2009

    I wouldnt install the ICs from Do a search on line for Bad ICs from as we have had many customers over the past several years have major problems by using ICs from as they use the cheap Chinese Knockoff ICs which dont last. If you do get the manual from the site I posted if you ask for the instructions to do ICs they will send it to you as ordering the manual makes you a customer so they go out of their way to help you do any repair you need.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Television has double images like 3D, and bottom half of screen has a concaved image.

Please replace convergence ICs in tv, there are two big black ICs that has number STK392-110 mounted with big aluminum heat sink, replacement these ICs will solve your tv problem. Also check big resistor nearby these convergence ICs and replace if found burn mark or color faded.
On circuit board, IC location number is IC7001 and IC7002
Let me know if you have additional question.

Dec 25, 2010 | Panasonic PT-47WX49 47" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I have a SP-47Q7HE Samsung rear projection TV that has 3 pictures that are not aligned. Top and bottom of screen distorted concave and convex?? Any advice appreciated

You need to replace your STK ICs they are big black ics will have part number on them you also need to CK 2 reisitors low ohms in same circuit 2.7ohms Mats has the ICs 9.95-14.95 each.
Encompass Parts Distribution you can order the whole board if they still have any in stock visit their website and type in your model number or call 1-800-638-3328

Jul 16, 2010 | Samsung HCM4215W 42" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

How to replace convergence ICs in samsung

You will need:
  1. Convergence ICs.
  2. Heat sink grease or thermal compound.
  3. Soldering iron.
  4. Solder lead.
  5. Digital multimeter.
  6. Solder pump.
  7. Small side cutter.
  1. Unplug the unit from the AC outlet.
  2. Remove the screws and take the back panel off the TV. The convergence ICs are located behind a large heat sink.
  3. Remove the board that the ICs are on.
  4. Check all the big resistors on the board using the digital multimeter. Some resistors are connected in parallel so they read half of their nominal resistance.
  5. Check the board for cracked solders and tracks.
  6. Cut all the legs of the ICs and unscrew them from the heat sink to take them out.
  7. Remove all the legs by applying soldering iron on one side and pulling on the other side.
  8. Clean the holes for the new ICs with the soldering iron and solder pump.
  9. Clean the heat sink from the old thermal compound or grease and apply the new one to the ICs.
  10. Fit the new ICs legs on the holes and screw them to the heat sink. Wipe excessive grease. Make sure they are making good contact with the heat sink.
  11. Cut excessive length of legs. Leave about 2mm and solder it in.
  12. Clean solder points with lacquer thinner or even alcohol.
  13. Make sure no solder is going to two legs at the same time.
  14. Put all back together.
  15. You may need to readjust the convergence on the menu.

Oct 24, 2009 | Samsung HCN653W 65" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Stk392-110 chip replacement

Use the STK180s they are the best the 110s do not hold up the leggs fall off after connducting to much heat.These ICs must be solder in see if you can find someone who can solder to remove old ICs and reinstall new ones you will also need white silicon heat sink to put on back of ICs as well.

Feb 13, 2009 | Toshiba TN55X81 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Mitsubishi ws-65809 concave picture

There will be either one or two of them, and they will be heavily heat sunk - as in mounted on a big heat sink, with vertical fins. That's all I can say without seeing the unit in front of me, open. They usually face towards the front, are in the middle of the middle board, and the name of the ICs is covered by a screw-on plate, which has to be removed for replacement.
Be generous with the heat sink compound when replacing the ICs, get the old stuff offa the heat sink with a putty knife if it has dried out.

To check whether you need to replace the ICs or not, with the unit on if you tap on the heat sink with something long and not conductive, like a stick, and it affects your conv - be VERY careful, this has to be done while the unit is on - you can probably get by with just resoldering the legs. If not and it just won't converge, IC replacement will be necessary. I recommend replacing both if you replace one, because next week the other one may go out and you may have to get in and out of the unit all over again.

Best way is usually to remove the entire light box, tho sometimes it's best to remove just the board, other times you can prop the whole board up and do the resoldering on your back.

Mr Bob

May 25, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

2003 Phillips rear projection 60%: Without any known circumstances, double images (one is red, other yellow), margins at top and bottom are concave. Tried aligning convergence with slight improvement,...

you need to replace the convergence ics. Please post the model number and I will post a link where you can get new replacement ICs along with free instalation instructions with pics so you can do the repair yourself.

May 15, 2008 | Philips Televison & Video

2 Answers

Concave picture

more then likely your convergence ic's have bad solider connection and need to be resolidered hope this helps

Oct 16, 2007 | Hitachi 43UWX10B 43" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Concave picture with rainbow effect at the edges

Hello, Check and replace IC1606 (P/N: 875292571) and IC1608 (P/N: 875982987). Best regards, Arpi

Apr 23, 2007 | Sony KP-57HW40 57" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Philips 50PP9202 50" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

119 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Philips Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75756 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1229 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Philips Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides