Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
THIS CAN BE SOLVED IF YOUR PS3 IS OUT OF WARRANTY
The yellow flashing dot of death does normally mean that your PS3 is Dead but there is a way to fix it
My PS3 would not start and the indication light just flashed between yellow and red
Your options are: New PS3 £250, PS3 from Sony second hand £150 or £5 fix
1. Undo the screw below the warranty sticker in bottom of PS3
2. Slide the lid of
3. Remove all bolts
4. Remove all main components until the mother board is free from the unit
5. Remove the thermal gel on the back of the 2 main chips to the heat sinks
6. Clean any excess dust by blowing away do not use and dusters or leky equipment
7. Level up the m board and heat over all the board with a heat gun, needs to be really hot to melt the solder but not damage the board or components
8. Allow to cool and turn over repeat the above
9. Buy some thermal gel online and replace the gel removed of the chips using a credit card
10. Once cool after 15 to 20 mins replace all the components and PS3 Lid
11. Run a fan test on your ps3 (turn of at the back hold down the eject disk button and turn back on keeping the eject disc button held down until fan starts)
12. Turn you ps3 on and bam your back on COD or FIFA (add wadhapa)
Hope this is of some help but this is only recommended if your PS3 is out of warranty and you are not sending it back for a Second hand Sony one
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2015 | 2010 Daihatsu Terios 1.5
Oct 05, 2014 | Cell Phones
Sep 03, 2014 | Samsung Scx-3405w Multifunction Mono Laser...
Sep 13, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 26, 2009 | Canon LASER SHOT LBP-5000 Printer
Dec 30, 2008 | 2008 Toyota Prius
Aug 01, 2008 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!