Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer.
The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer.
There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up.
There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2013 | Washing Machines
Feb 06, 2013 | GE Profile WPRE6100G Top Load Washer
Aug 01, 2012 | Washing Machines
Sep 13, 2011 | Washing Machines
Sep 22, 2009 | Maytag HAV3460AWW Top Load Washer
Mar 03, 2009 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Feb 26, 2009 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
Dec 29, 2008 | Maytag SAV3710AWW Washer
Nov 22, 2008 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Oct 24, 2008 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: