Question about Music
Unscrewed the back of the drum set and took a look inside . The first thing
I noticed was that they used some sort of silicone glue to attach the wires
to the sensor. It became obvious to me that this was clearly
interfering with the drum’s reception so here’s what I did (I encourage
people to try this too, although I AM NOT AT FAULT if you screw yours
1. Unscrew the back of the drum set and SLOWLY remove the back piece.
2. Use some sort of sharp tool to remove the glue from the sensor. (I used a small knife)
3. Clean off the glue if you want, but there are two parts to the 3 sensors. There is the inside circle and the outer ring. (Make sure you remember which wire goes to which, because you have to reattach it to the same one of your set wont work.)
4. Strip down the wire a little bit so that there is more of the wire for the sensor to read.
5. Use electrical tape to tape down each wire to the appropriate part of the sensor. (While doing this, it is good to connect it to the Xbox to see if the drums are working properly. You’d hate to screw everything back in and find out something didn’t work right.)
6. Finally, be careful that you reattached everything properly and then screw everything back in.
7. Connect your controller and drum away!
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2016 | Music
Dec 23, 2014 | Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Guitar Combo...
Dec 07, 2014 | Roland RMP-5 Rhythm Coach
Oct 25, 2012 | Music
Jul 25, 2011 | Alesis Dm5 Drum Module 18 Bit
Apr 11, 2011 | Yamaha DD55 7 Pad General MIDI Digital...
Mar 15, 2011 | Alesis DM6 Electronic Drum Set
Feb 11, 2011 | Pearl E-Pro Live Electronic Acoustic Drum...
Jan 16, 2011 | Pearl ePro Live EPLX205P/C31 Electronic...
Jan 12, 2011 | Alesis DM6 Electronic Drum Set
Aug 13, 2018 | Roland Music
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!