Question about GE Microwave Ovens
We generally do not advise
anyone to work on these because they are dangerous to both the person
working on them and someone using it if they are not serviced correctly.
There is a dangerous amount of electricity from the capacitor which should be discharged first (especially on this model).
The unit also needs to be checked for microwave leakage whenever it is opened up.
If you confirm that the unit is receiving the correct amount of voltage at the board, that is how far we would recommend testing. and the circuit to be checked
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2018 | GE Microwave Ovens
Nov 03, 2017 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 12, 2015 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Aug 31, 2014 | GE Microwave Ovens
Aug 18, 2011 | GE Advantium SCA2001BSS Microwave Oven
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Dec 31, 2010 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Mar 13, 2008 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Nov 28, 2007 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Aug 14, 2018 | GE Microwave Ovens
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!