Question about Hitachi VTFX631A VCR
While watching Comcast Cable -- routed through the F361 VCR into a Samsung TV (Model # TT20A54) via standard "coaxial cable" -- I accidentally hit a button (don't know which) on a (universal? Zenith) remote control -- that "triggered" the TV into "Line In" ("mode"); and I cannot "trigger it back out"...
What I've tried:
1. TV has no "TV-Video" toggle switch (it's a combo TV/VCR)
2. When I bring up the "menu screen" for the TV "Settings" -- I cannot select the various options of: "antenna", or "cable AFN", or "cable H--?"; -- but it stays "stuck" on the "standard cable" option Only!
3. I cannot view the Hitachi VCR "menu screen" -- to determine whether it is set on "Line In" mode -- but I suspect that it is; because an "L" shows on the front panel display when I depress the "channel down" remote button; whereas, (beforehand) while watching "cable (Comcast)" -- I believe that it went to "Channel 1" (or "Aux" (Auxiliary)) mode on the TV screen.
4. I've turned off both the TV & VCR (disconnected power) -- but both seem to still "come up" in the same "line in" mode.
5. Hitachi does not have a user's manual (so I could determine how to "reset" the VCR) -- since it's an older model; and Samsung has no user's manual -- since it is a "non-USA" (or European type-style) power cord!
(Note: 6. I can still watch videos just fine on the Samsung (TV/VCR combo)).
My Ideas at present are:
1. Find a (different) more versatile? Universal Remote -- to see if it might have a "toggle switch" to "trigger" the VCR, and/or the TV into "normal" (rather than "Line In") mode; or
2. Use a (different) TV -- hook it into the Hitachi F361 VCR (hoping that it also will not be triggered into "Line In" mode) -- and attempt to bring up the VCR menu screen -- which would allow me to reset the VCR into "normal" mode; -- but, would that also (subsequently) trigger the Samsung TV back into "Normal" mode?
Thanks for your wonderful help!!
I had the same problem when I got the TV from someone and I didnt have a remote. I went out and got a ONE FOR ALL remote and once I got it set up I had it in VCR mode and hit the AV button and now I can get to the channels. Hope it works for you.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2015 | Orion VR0211B Video Cassette Recorder...
Mar 28, 2015 | Samsung VCRs
Feb 13, 2011 | Panasonic PV-V4522 VHS VCR
Jun 18, 2009 | Zenith VCS442 VHS VCR
May 13, 2009 | Mitsubishi HS-U446 VCR
Feb 12, 2009 | Proscan PSVR72 VHS VCR
Jan 28, 2009 | Hitachi VTF392A VCR
Sep 29, 2007 | Hitachi VTFX631A VCR
Mar 29, 2007 | Zenith VCS442 VHS VCR
438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: