Question about Hitachi VTFX631A VCR
While watching Comcast Cable -- routed through the F361 VCR into a Samsung TV (Model # TT20A54) via standard "coaxial cable" -- I accidentally hit a button (don't know which) on a (universal? Zenith) remote control -- that "triggered" the TV into "Line In" ("mode"); and I cannot "trigger it back out"...
What I've tried:
1. TV has no "TV-Video" toggle switch (it's a combo TV/VCR)
2. When I bring up the "menu screen" for the TV "Settings" -- I cannot select the various options of: "antenna", or "cable AFN", or "cable H--?"; -- but it stays "stuck" on the "standard cable" option Only!
3. I cannot view the Hitachi VCR "menu screen" -- to determine whether it is set on "Line In" mode -- but I suspect that it is; because an "L" shows on the front panel display when I depress the "channel down" remote button; whereas, (beforehand) while watching "cable (Comcast)" -- I believe that it went to "Channel 1" (or "Aux" (Auxiliary)) mode on the TV screen.
4. I've turned off both the TV & VCR (disconnected power) -- but both seem to still "come up" in the same "line in" mode.
5. Hitachi does not have a user's manual (so I could determine how to "reset" the VCR) -- since it's an older model; and Samsung has no user's manual -- since it is a "non-USA" (or European type-style) power cord!
(Note: 6. I can still watch videos just fine on the Samsung (TV/VCR combo)).
My Ideas at present are:
1. Find a (different) more versatile? Universal Remote -- to see if it might have a "toggle switch" to "trigger" the VCR, and/or the TV into "normal" (rather than "Line In") mode; or
2. Use a (different) TV -- hook it into the Hitachi F361 VCR (hoping that it also will not be triggered into "Line In" mode) -- and attempt to bring up the VCR menu screen -- which would allow me to reset the VCR into "normal" mode; -- but, would that also (subsequently) trigger the Samsung TV back into "Normal" mode?
Thanks for your wonderful help!!
I had the same problem when I got the TV from someone and I didnt have a remote. I went out and got a ONE FOR ALL remote and once I got it set up I had it in VCR mode and hit the AV button and now I can get to the channels. Hope it works for you.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2015 | Orion VR0211B Video Cassette Recorder...
May 28, 2012 | Apex Digital LD4088 LCD TV
Feb 13, 2011 | Panasonic PV-V4522 VHS VCR
Jun 29, 2009 | Allegro DVD/VCR ABV511
Feb 12, 2009 | Proscan PSVR72 VHS VCR
Jul 19, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 10, 2008 | Sharp 25H-M60 TV
Oct 31, 2007 | Televison & Video
Sep 29, 2007 | Hitachi VTFX631A VCR
454 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: