Remote control signal to multi or split air conditioner, samsung
I cannot use the remote control to activate the unit. I have ck. batteries and turned off power for a period of time. The remote shows all icons and the icon to indicate the signal is sent. I can operate the unit otherwise with the buttons on the unit. This did occur once before to only one unit. Interesting the remote would operate the second unit downstairs. A service person was called, after removing the cover the remote was used and the unit worked. Now a second time has happened and neither unit works. We have had severe lightning storms. Could this be the problem and can these be reset?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: remote control signal to multi or split air...
Maybe the lightning has something to do with that but to make it sure try to call a service person and try to refer it and kindly ask some explanation if he can fix it so that next time you can justify the reason this thing happened.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is both a courtesy and safety issue on many high end vehicles. The light from the interior lights can cast enough light to get to front door and possibly show dangers in your path. And after first getting into you car and starting it, you can check the back seat for any unwanted hitchhikers. As for the 10 minute timer, I don't know if this can be adjusted. A Chiltons/Haynes repair manual for you car may have that answer, or, the Buick dealership shop foreman. Best of luck.
Do you have Windows 7? If so, you can right-click on the bottom right corner of your desktop (try right-clicking the time/date), where the icons for volume control, wireless, battery, etc... should be and select Properties. You should then see a screen where you can turn on/off the icons/notifications for battery power (sometimes my volume control disappears and i have to do this.
Otherwise you can go here, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons and you should find the same thing. Then just turn on your battery power icon/notifications.
Hope this helps.
Hi Russell Webe,
just a guess, but sounds as though the remote receiver board is faulty, however you might try new batteries in the remote first,it may help. failing that it is time to call the serviceman. Also try turning the power off to the Ac unit for about 5 minutes and then back on again. This will reset the electronics and again may solve your problem
The early 880's had problems with the charging circuit. For a while Harmony was replacing these units even outside the waranty period. Not sure if they are doing this anymore. However your remote is recognizing that it is in the craddle because the slide show starts which means the charging circuit in the remote is not passing power onto the battery or the battery is not making a good connection inside the remote. I would pull the battery and clean the little contacts in the remote and the contact pads on the battery. If you have a volt meter I would pull the battery and check voltage. You should see around 4 VDC on the 2 outside copper pads if it is charged. If it is charged and the remote is not working then its time for a new remote. If the battery is dead then it is likley the typical charging problem of the 880 is causing the failure. Hopefully cleaning the contacts both inside the remote and in the charging craddle will solve the problem. Use alcohol and a q-tip to clean all of the contacts.
1) Ensure the cradle is plugged into an active AC outlet and the LED light on the cradle is on. There is a switch on the bottom of the cradle to control the brightness of the LED, set it to the highest. Try different outlets if needed. Does the LED light turn on and stay on (does not blink)? ANSWER: 2) Remove the battery. Place the remote on the cradle and check the LCD screen. The LCD screen should display a 'White' screen with possible colors before going off. Try this a few times to confirm behavior. Did the LCD turn on briefly? ANSWER: 3) Reinsert the Battery. Have you charged the battery for at least 3 hours? If no, please recharge the batteries for at least 3 hours. 4) Did the battery ever boot the remote? If yes, please continue troubleshooting. ANSWER: 5) Remove the battery. Check the 3 gold contacts on the battery to see if there are markings on all the contacts signifying it was connected correctly to the remote. Did the battery have markings on all 3 contacts? ANSWER:
first ck the nine volt battery out at the equiptment box and make sure it is good then ck to be sure all other batterys are good. Reset all defaults to factory settings and start from scratch on resetting scedules and temps. Always be sure to have fresh batteries in unit ck every year when you change the clocks for example so you don't forget. If this does not help you could have a deeper problem due to surge but ck your antenna out at the equiptment and be sure to ck all your breakers to the pumps also. I hope some of this helps and good luck
Here is the troubleshooting guide for your unit. Hope this helps.
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE TROUBLESHOOTING Symptom Remedy 1. Remote does not turn on system - Check and replace remote batteries if the display fades while any button is activated or no display is present. - Point remote towards IR receiver during transmission. 2. System does not turn on, no green LED & no beep - Check wiring. (see "installation instruction") - Check modular cable to receiver. - Check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box. 3. System does not turn on even when receiver green LED is on. - Low or over voltage condition, check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box.
4. Fan runs but no cold air. - Evaporator temperature sensor reaches low limit, defrost mode. - Check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box. 5. System runs continuously in the cool mode - Remote was set for "I feel" mode and is left in a heated environment (sun etc.) 6. System runs continuously in the heat mode - Remote was set for "I feel" mode and is left in a cool environment
1. Diagnostic LED (green) (Note: Located on the control board in the upper unit control box.) a) The LED is on when the 12VDC is adequate and communications are present. b) The LED is flashing fast and steady when in the freeze mode. Evaporator has frozen and the freeze proctection switch is engaged. c) The LED is flashing slow and steady when the delay on break timer is activated. d) The LED is flashing 1 cycle on and off for one second with high or low 12VDC. Check the incoming 12VDC power for OK. e) The LED is flashing 2 cycles on and off for one second with a communication problem. Problem with the control board in the unit and the remote.