Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
- last edited on
Recently i bought a 6500 Classic and stupidly deleted my Authority Certificates.
After trwaling the net for info on how to re-install certificates i couldnt find an answer apart from NO YOU CANT DO THIS.
Well to that i say NUTS!!! because you can and i will show you how by simply following these steps.
1. Create a New Folder on your desktop and call it whatever you like.
2. Open notepad on your computer.
3. Copy the text below into the Notpad file. (I got this from some website as they were using it for smething else but it does work so thanks to them or thanks to you if this is yours)
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
<title>Install root CA</title>
<a href="der1.cer">Download a CA Cert1</a>
<a href="der2.cer">Download a CA Cert2</a>
<a href="der3.cer">Download a CA Cert3</a>
<a href="der4.cer">Download a CA Cert4</a>
<a href="der5.cer">Download a CA Cert5</a>
<a href="der6.cer">Download a CA Cert6</a>
<a href="der7.cer">Download a CA Cert7</a>
<a href="der8.cer">Download a CA Cert8</a>
<a href="der9.cer">Download a CA Cert9</a>
<a href="der10.cer">Download a CA Cert10</a>
<a href="der11.cer">Download a CA Cert11</a>
4. Save the Notpad file as type ALL FILES but when naming it just call it cert.html and save it to the folder you created on your desktop earlier.
5. Now downlaod the Root Certificates you need to the same folder on your Desktop.
6. When saving the first Certificate to the folder call it der1 ((make sure not to take out the file extension eg .cer)) then the second der2, third der3 and so on and so on till you get to der11. (Dont worry this will not rename the certificate when it installs on your phone.)
Example of what the files in your Desktop folder should be called der1.cer, der2.cer etc etc.
7. Now transfer the whole folder from your Desktop to your Mobile phone. (I did this by using Nokia PC Suite.)
8. When the folder with the certificates and hmtl we made have been transfered to you phone navigate using your phone to that folder.
9. Go into the folder and open the cert.html file. (Your browser will now open a page with 11 download links available)
10. Now all you have to do is click on each link and accept each certificate remembering to save and they will install on your phone. (On my 6500 Classic i can check this by Navigating through my phone to Menu>Settings>Security>Authority Certificates)
Notes:- Some errors you may receive when trying to download the certificates through your phone browser may be Already Exists, Expired Certificate and the most annoying is Corrupted Certificate.
Already Exists - Shouldt allow you to save (DO NOT SAVE IF IT ALLOWS YOU)
Expired Certificate - (DO NOT SAVE)
Corrupted Certificate - Install the certificate on your computer first, then go to Tools>Internet Options>Content>Certificates.
(save the certificate to other people tab) Browse for the certificate you installed then export it in DER format to the Desktop Folder you created then start process over again to get it onto your phone.
Remember to delete any certificates as you go that you have already installed so you dont get mixed up.
Any issues reply and i will do what i can to help and if anyone has Hutchinson 3G Root Certificates please let me know.
Feb 02, 2011 | Nokia Classic 2700 Cell Phone
Aug 10, 2010 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Jul 15, 2010 | HP DeskJet F4280 All In One Printer InkJet
Jun 08, 2010 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Apr 15, 2010 | Brother P-Touch 2600 (Bundle) Thermal...
Nov 14, 2009 | Internet CA Security Suite Plus 2009 for...
Oct 20, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 08, 2009 | Nokia 5130 Cellular Phone
May 07, 2009 | Lands Phones
Nov 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: