Question about GE Profile JT912 Electric Single Oven
Yesterday water spilled over from pot onto burner, then code showed on display panel - F 2 - now nothing works. What could be going on?
Oven over temp - exceeded 590F with door in unlocked position or 990F with door locked - If actual temp condition occurred, look for welded relay contacts or high resistance connection or any cause in the oven temperature sensor circuit
Note: Also see fan thermal switches - Indicates that oven is over temperature in one of the following modes within either a cooking or clean mode of operation.
· Control senses oven temperature above 650 degrees F with the door circuit in the unlock mode.
· Control senses oven temperature above 935 degrees F with the door in the locked mode.
· Stalled cooling fan or airflow problem.
· Look for welded relay contacts. (Heating elements on in off mode).
· Look for open thermal switch in lock motor circuit. Switch is normally closed and will open if area overheats due to fan not operating. Look for cause - fan thermal switch not closing, fan stalled, etc.
· Look for high resistance in the oven temperature sensor circuit due to high contact resistance (poor terminal crimp, deformed terminals, loose connection) or intermittent solder joint on control or intermittent oven temperature sensor.
Posted on May 26, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hey friend, thanks for your post!
I see that your Electrolux wall oven is displaying an "F14" error code. "F14" stands for display tail missing, which means you could have an issue within your main control board or keypad. I would perform a reset on your appliance which can be done by flipping your household circuit breaker off for roughly ten minutes. If that does not correct the issue I would suggest seeking a professional to come out properly diagnose and repair your appliance. I hope this is helpful. -Matt
Aug 31, 2014 | Electrolux ICON Designer E30EW75GSS 30"...
May 14, 2014 | Frigidaire 30 in. Electric Gallery Series...
Hello Bill Robbins - From what you are describing it sounds like a wiring failure or a communication break failure between the power board and UIB has occurred. Error code F5, typically indicates that the EOC will need replacing. A certified technician will need to test the wiring harness between the ESC, UIB and EOC.
Jan 21, 2013 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Apr 30, 2011 | Thermador SMW272 Electric Double Oven
Nov 04, 2009 | Kenmore 47702 / 47704 / 47709 Electric...
Oct 11, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Apr 05, 2009 | Kenmore Ovens
Aug 23, 2007 | Kenmore 30172 / 30174 / 30179 Gas Single...
Nov 28, 2013 | GE Profile JT912 Electric Single Oven
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: