Question about Sony DSC-T70 Digital Camera
Its the vibration canceling unit, i had the same problem.
if you have good hads you can fix it.( on your oun risk)
1) disasamble the camera, you will see black plastic box inside, this is he lens unit.
2) on the botom you see 2 scrwes, they are holding the CCD remove them and the ccd unit will come from the lens assembly
3) the next is the stabilizer unit it is the problematic one. it is located on the left side of the lens asebly and is held by 2 screws.
you can test it by puling out the cable connected to it (the conector is just under the lens) and verifign that the problem is solved. ( you can leave it this way it will shoot fine just without the anti shake)
4) to fix it take it out ,remove the plastic cover, you see the lens on a plastic mount it should be glued to the magnet under it. the problem is that the glue fals apart.
remove one of the pins on wich it slides, and take the lens and the magnet out.
5) reglue the magnet and reasemble the camera.
6) power up and test, for me that solved the problem
if you need more help you can mail me at adisarit(et)yahoo(dot)com this is spam mail so be prepared to wait a few days for reply.
i have a document with pictures explaining it.
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2010 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T300 Digital Camera
Jul 04, 2010 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T300 Digital Camera
Jan 02, 2018 | Video Cameras
Nov 23, 2008 | Logitech QuickCam Express Web Camera
Feb 19, 2008 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S40 Digital Camera
Jan 27, 2008 | Video Cameras
Dec 10, 2007 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100 Digital Camera
Jun 14, 2007 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W70 Digital Camera
Dec 13, 2012 | Sony DSC-T70 Digital Camera
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: